15 Tips

Ooohh la la !!!
Mar 17, 2008 04:19 PM 5024 Views
(Updated Mar 18, 2008 08:58 AM)

Well I am not sure if you can really call it a date. I met her for the first time(of course I had met her before, but this time there were only the two of us) when I came to visit her folks. Our marriage was pre decided and we both knew that we were going to be each other's life partner.

Still, there was this ice between us which had to be broken. We started from her place in her car and drove to a nearby mall. We had spent a lot of time on the phone prior to this meeting but at that moment, inside the car, we were both feeling a bit shy and were at a loss of words.

Then we bought tickets to a movie, and the girl who was at the counter asked us with a naughty smile - "Corner seats eh, Sir?". We broke into a laugh and that broke the ice and we were friends again.

We then talked about a lot of things before heading to the movie. Inside the theatre, in our corner seats, I began to wonder whether I should ask her if I could hold her hand. The movie began and I tried to garner strength for that question. Intermission came and went during which we had popcorn ad Pepsi. Then I had had too much - I finally asked her. She blushed and gave me the sweetest of smiles but didn't say anything. I held out my hand and lo! she offered her's to me.

Let me tell you this - after this incident I have no recollection of what happened in the movie. We were watching Chak De, and even today when I see a scene from the movie I ask my(now) wife - "yeh scene kab tha movie main?(I dont remember seeing this scene in the movie)"

First Dates are amazing.

They are memories for a lifetime