Ericsson

Run very far away from this one
Aug 07, 2003 12:33 AM 2867 Views
(Updated Aug 10, 2003 12:52 AM)

Since I did not see a bad review on this, I thought I would write one. I have 1 A2618 and 2 A2628. The 2618 started acting funky, I thought I did something to it and that was why. It kept saying optimized charging and switching off, loosing connections even when not connected to the charger. Since it feels solid in your hand I bought another 2 for my wife and myself. Well it started raining and my wife's started doing the same thing and I thought she was doing something wrong to it. Soon after mine started to do the same thing again. After the rainy season was over her's started to work again, and so did mine. But it started to do it again now and both are out and give all kinds of messages like no network, no access, optimized charging etc. I know it was not because we abused the phones since my 3rd one I never even took it off the table. Does not look like any of them will now work ever.

Pay more and buy something that lasts a few years. This one will self destruct as soon as the warranty period is over. I have 3 paper wights to prove it.

The A2618 says made in Sweden while the others say made by Ericsson, don't know the difference since everything inside it is identical except one has NiMH battery and the other Li with double the time. The cover can be changed and maybe someone also has a slimmer cover for it since the default cover leaves empty space inside. Having a warrenty center around definetely helps since the first one died 2 months after I got it. I just threw it away as the center was far away from me.

Ericsson A2618s