Ericsson

Bulky but very sturdy and feature rich
Aug 09, 2002 08:31 PM 2349 Views
(Updated Aug 09, 2002 08:33 PM)

To be honest, when I first got this model I was very skeptical about it's performance after being a regular Nokia user. But for the price at which I bought it - 2700 bucks, it scored way over a Motorola Talkabout which was quite expensive at 3000 bucks with limited features.

After about 8 months of very rough use, I must say am totally satisfied. I must have dropped it a number of times and used it very roughly.

The phone is very bulky but ok if you're going to carry it in your handbag. It's too bulky to carry around in your pocket. The ringer is quite loud and you'll hear it even if it's tucked away deep in your handbag.

Signal is extremely good. Battery is long lasting. I used to go 3 days without recharging but now I have to recharge it every two days (signs of my phone ageing!)

The interface takes getting used to. It has a large display screen which I like as I get a lot of sms and hate to keep scrolling to read messages. It has an alarm clock, stopwatch, call waiting, - you can switch between 2 calls. I found the voice dialling really cool.

Address book also very easy to use and find numbers. SMS is just about OK.- no predictive text.

while you're speaking, it clocks the duration of the call so you know how long you're talking.

It's worked perfectly for about 8 months and then went dead. I'm still in search of someone who can repair it. Most repair centres say throw it away - and I probably should. I would have felt better if it had worked for about a year before giving way. Maybe that's because I used to very roughly.

I don't know if I would recommend that anyone buy this as it's quite an old model. But if you get this phone for cheap, (2000-2500) go for it's good. But expect it to work Ok for abt a year at the most (maybe more if you're lucky!).

Ericsson A2618s