Handy:

Elica

Beware of the after sale service even on warranty
Jun 25, 2013 05:33 PM 33632 Views
(Updated Jun 25, 2013 05:34 PM)

Handy:

Couple of days back , I had a serious issue on my kitchen cooking hob , the flame was coming out of the gas regulator ( the one that is used to control the volume of the gas ).

Then I contacted the service staff and asked them to attend quickly as its a serious issue.

• Firstly they said they had no service staff that day , which I accepted since they had booking , but they confirmed me that the next day I will be the first one to attend, which I accepted.

• The next day after repeated calls no one came to attend and customer care and the manager kept assuring me that some one will attend even when the sun was set .

• Sunday , no one picked up the call and the day was lost again

• Monday , again no one called and this time with some anger , I was able to get the person to reach my house and attend.

When the service staff reached he said to me .

• The person installed didn't install it properly

• The person is from the dealer and we ( elica service) dont take responsibility for the menace created by them

This was the first blow , what is the difference between the dealer person and the service person service boys ?

Somehow we convinced and he fixed the stuff. To my surprise after attending the issue , the service man handed me the bill and stated me to pay the amount .

• An amount of Rs 350 for service charge ( but no service was done ) .

• An amount of Rs 200 Extra , he mentioned this is related to the issue attended since the installation was done by the dealer and not them , so they cannot take responsibility of the dealer installation.

I asked him the reason for the amount and what I have to do if the dealer asked his men to come and install it , also I was under warranty and it was only 6 months since I installed the product and the dealer never said that service and dealer staff works differently , after some throw of words he called up the customer service and waved of both the amount .

So I would request people buying the product to make sure that you dont fall onto the trap.

Thanks