Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

Saturday, after shift I went for a movie. First show has always been close to me I wanted to watch the movie from the time I saw its promos. Ek Thi Daayan was on my To-See-List. Most of the people give me a disgusted look when I say that I actually Emraan Hashmi, well he is a good kisser on-screen. He has acting skills. He is undoubtedly a charmer and he is shorter in height(like me). I have got enough reasons to like him, don’t I?

Well, so the actors and producers loaded movie was a hit-on-the-right-spot for me! White magic or illusion to the eyes has always been too close to me.

Without revealing the story, as it’s just the second day let me give a quick review.

This movie is a logical movie as per my perception. I won’t say it was a well built plot or a nail biting thinking factor in it but logical would be a good term, instead.  Bobo(Emraan Hashmi), a magician in Mumbai is ubiquitously haunted by his past. Maybe it is just hallucinations or maybe it is reality. The movie is completely left on the audience to think for all the possibilities.

The movie is all about the super natural character called Daayan. The film is around magic and Daayans. There were some real spooky moments in the movie that were unexpected. One would actually jump off the seat.

Over stardom of the movie can be seen all over the posters of the movie. This is Konkona’s first movie after her pregnancy and motherhood. During the interval, I recollect myself saying to my friend, I think I’ve started hating Konkona as much I loved her once upon a time.“ It is no way related to the character that she is playing but you will know it once you see the movie.

The other two, Huma and Kalki were good as well but as they say, experienced actors are always remarkable. The Gangs of Wasseypur girl, Huma was as beautiful as she could be and the Dev.D star, Kalki wore some real good accessories. In fact I really loved the dressing of Konkona and Kalki in the movie.

Overall the movie was a onetime watch for me. It kept me thinking the whole day as to what is my perception or rather what the Director’s perception at the end was.

I would rate it three out of Five, which is a very good rating.

P.S.: The Emraan-Huma lip-lock was one of the hottest lip-locks of Emraan’s career.

Ek Thi Daayan