Plot No 9/76, Kunnukadu Village, East Coast Road, Muttukadu, Chennai 601127, TN

+91-9840704050, +91-44-27472943

Chennai India
"Worst Dabba i have visited So far"
Aug 08, 2015 11:14 AM 3270 Views

Well I have visited ECR Dhaba for out 2 to 3 time so far and all these times, I have experience only worst experience. But every time I experience some different bad experience.  Once it was wrong food, second it was late service and third was even much worse which I need detail explanation.

Well just after one bad experience I mostly try to avoid those Hotels, but i visit this hotel only when I visit mayajaal, so this is only non veg hotel near by Mayajaal which we publicly know and hence decide to go there for lunch without any option.

CONS and Bad Experience -

1) The Attenders are the most laziest there.  I you to find a table all my yourself and have to wait for over 20 minutes and the forcibly ask an attender to take your order.

2) Bad Food - Food is really bad here.  Every time I visit they do some kind of mistake in foods. Like one time they put too much pepper in Gravy and next time the Chicken was not cooked well!

3) Wrong food Delivered every time - This happened to me twice again. One time I ordered for Chicken Noodles and they served Fried Rice! It was already 30 min late and then had wait for another 10 minutes to get the Noodles.  I actually almost lost my temper but had to control it because of my mother.  Next time we ordered Chicken Tikka and and they served the mutton masala!  And we only could discover the different after eating it!

4) For this Worst Service, they price the food at too much cost.  The quantity of food is also very less for the price.!

5) The hotel is a Open type. Where the Tables are set under the Hut roofs.  So No AC at all.  This is the first time is have seen such a costly Restaurant for no AC!

6) The Tables are very unclean. They never never clean it. And it fact we have to clean it all by ourselves.

PROS -

1) Because of no other option for Non Veg food on ECR, this is the only place to have it.

2) Enough Parking space for Cars and bikes out there with parking assistants.  This is the only good thing with the hotel.

3) The Hotel is attached with a Mini Zoo. Here you can find find Animals and birds like Cats and different Variety, etc.  There is also small park in there for children to enjoy and relax.  So after experiencing the worst experience at the Hotel, you can actually Chill out at this zoo here and even take photos.

VERDICT -

I would even the road side "Food Mess"(like Andhra Mess) are far better than this Dhaba.  The food and Service here is worst.  But I would give 2 stars only for that park which is good to see and enjoy.!

I Give 3 stars for Ambiance and Decor because of that mini Zoo.  The hotel Doesn't deserve even 1 star.

ECR Dhaba - Chennai