Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

“Dudhsagar Falls ok but Commutation Terrible"
Oct 29, 2013 12:18 AM 6276 Views

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I had been to Dudhsagar Falls with my family and friends and kids in the month of Oct 2013.We were total 21 of us. We took a train in the morning from Castle Rock and reached Dudhsagar Station around 1 pm. It was a Saturday afternoon and good number of crowd, our guide said Sunday would be worst crowd.

We had a little trek on the railway track of around 1 km from Station. Falls was good and our kids enjoyed a lot.

The worst part was un-expected. All the crowd that were there from the morning were left up with only one option returning back.

There was only one train coming back from the Dudhsagar Station scheduled around 5.30 pm.And there is no platform and train would wait only for 5 minutes. When we returned back to the Station I saw around 1000 to 1500 people waiting for the train. The train came 45 min late.

The moment train stopped in the station people started to rush in the bogies, some bogies were locked, nobody ready to open. We were not allowed to get into AC and reservation bogies, all of a sudden there was a huge rush to get inside the train. I saw some of ladies falling in the rush. I could not decide getting into the train.

Some of the guards in the train did not allow people to enter.

The train was about to move and I was simply a spectator not ready to get into and not ready to take the risk, luckily one of the guard in the AC bogie called us to enter. My friends had a horrible experience in getting into the train. Some of them pulled the chain as they saw their fellow ones still outside.

All my friends were scattered. The train then stopped for 15 minutes ensuring everybody inside. The reason for sharing this experience is to enlighten who ever went through this scary, risky experience escalate and make sure in future no body should ever ever come across the same.

I would request the Railway Department to have a proper communication with the passengers so that they would behave properly.

Dudhsagar Falls