Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

Drivezy- a money sucker monster
Aug 31, 2019 01:57 AM 9297 Views
(Updated Aug 31, 2019 02:05 AM)

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I have booked Mahindra TUV300 through Drivezy on 23rd July 2018. My booking details are below:

Vehicle- Mahindra TUV300

Vehicle booked on-23rd July 2018

Date of Travel-Aug 19 2018 from 5 am to 10 pm

PNR NO- 0EHE5REYBN

I received 2 calls before the start of my journey which I could not pick as I was riding towards the vehicle pick up location. I stopped midway to get guidance on the address. I called and discussed but the guy on the other side did not tell me anything related to document requirement. When I reached the venue they demanded me License and one more ID. I was carrying only license as I was not informed in advance. I had to arrange the other document which wasted my 1 hour even before the journey started.

Later I started the journey with all my family members, I already have a car which is 5 seater, I needed to book with Drivezy as my family members were in town and they wanted to visit Lonavla. we were seven of us because of which I had to book a larger car through Drivezy.

The journey was going good until the vehicle stopped moving ahead in the middle of the highway while our way back to Mumbai from Lonavla. This happened between 9 to 930 pm on Vashi bridge and we were stranded in the middle of highway. The vehicle was not accelerating. I called the same guy with whom I contacted during the vehicle pick up and after multiple attempts to talk to him he told me that it must be the case of clutch plate damage which has resulted into this condition. I asked him to help me with a back up vehicle but they out-rightly refused to give back up vehicle quoting that the vehicles were not available. Back up vehicle was very important for me as I had all my family members travelling along and all of them were stranded on the road because of this issue. one Senior citizen, 3 females and 3 others including me were stranded helplessly on the highway at 9:30 PM in the night because of Drivezy.

Then I inquired about car mechanics in near by areas but as it was late in the evening, there were no mechanics available. After my continuous multiple calls to the Drivezy guy, he told me that they cannot do anything on this and I only will have to tow the vehicle to the nearest drop off point in Vashi. I searched for towing truck and with frustrating efforts of half an hour I could get a vehicle which towed us to the Vashi location of Drivezy. I paid INR 900 for getting the vehicle towed.

When we reached at Vashi drop off point, the fleet in-charges of Drivezy at that location told us to pay for damages. They didnt even inspected the vehicle and without even opening the hood of the vehicle they told us that the clutch plate is burnt because of harsh driving and hence we need to pay for damage. I told them that how can we be liable for clutch plate burning as its a wear and tear part and we drove only approx 258 kms. This is impossible to burn clutch plate in such a small distance without any other prior issue in the vehicle and poor maintenance could have a role to play in this.

We reached at vashi drop off point approximately between 11 to 11:30 pm and argued with them for not charging us with something which we are not liable for. They were junior guys who were not having decision making power, I even asked them to keep the vehicle parked with them for another 6-7 hours after which we could have got a mechanic who would have inspected the vehicle to tell us the real problem with the vehicle. But they were not ready to take the keys and accepting the vehicle without payments.

I told them that when we hire vehicle we inspect it from outside and accept it, we neither do inspection of engine parts nor its possible as we are hiring the car for short distance and not buying the car. if it was damaged by us from outside possibly any damage to body part then I would have accepted the charges but internal damage could only be a result of poor maintenance. I drive my car day in day out, in 5 years I have not got my clutch plate damaged how can I get it damaged in 258 kms in their car. Even after arguing with them for hours they were not ready to listen to anything. Their customercare response was also very poor, where he started asking me questions like what you know about car, do you know driving, what is the clutch plate, do you know about engine. Am I suppose to answer all these questions to him. Is this the way they should treat me when I m stranded on rosd with my entire family. Only mistake I did is to book car through Drivezy which in my view is a very unprofessional company and their main motive is to earn profit even if its happening by cheating the customers.

They were asking us to pay INR 9990 for damage of clutch plate. I have no idea about Mahindra car parts prices but I am pretty sure the clutch plate could not be such costly and the prices quoted by them are wrong. They have not shared any break-up also. It was late in night hence there were no mechanics available to cross check these details, also these guys were not ready to wait till next morning for us to cross verify and do the payment. We were stuck badly, I was highly frustrated as the place at which all this discussion was going on was just like an open garage and I had my entire family waiting there for a fair conclusion but as non of the people talking to us were having any authority to take any decision on this and were stick to the point that we can only go if we pay otherwise we need to take the broken vehicle along with us.

It was already close to 2 AM and more then 3 hrs arguing since we came here. Every single person of family was frustrated and have gone through a mental agony because of Drivezy. At this time I decided to pay them to get my family out of this situation and reach home safely. I paid INR 1560 in advance and INR 9999 for damage cost, INR 516 for distance charges, INR 2330 for fuel which is again on higher side(they charged me with a mileage of approx 9 kmpl however they told me the vehicle has a mileage of approx 15 kmpl). Additionally I have also paid INR 900 for towing the vehicle and approx INR 1000 to transport self and family back to home at Andheri from Vashi location of Drivezy.

They have duped me with my hard earned money, wherein they have made me spend more then INR 16000 for a trip of 258 kms and on top of this my entire family including 3 females and one senior citizen have gone through a highly frustrating journey and mental agony.

I will not let the drivezy get through like this with cheating money from customers, not respecting customers, making customers strand on road hence compromising the safety of female members and others, not giving any back up support and proper response.

I can never forget, my entire family can never forget this horrible experience given by Drivezy to us. The mental anguish which has been received due to Drivezy has made a huge impact on our life and we have a strong intention that it should never happen to anyone else the way it has happened to us. Hence its important to bring this to public notice so that they are aware about malpractices of Drivezy

Drivezy