187, Zainab VillaTurner Road, Bandra West, Mumbai 400050, MH

Glorified udipi place?
Jan 05, 2002 12:15 PM 3253 Views
(Updated Jan 05, 2002 12:15 PM)

Perhaps yes. have been there a few times now and I think I like it. The other option of eating decent south Indian normal fare is perhaps the usually uncomfortable sai sagar/shiv sagar type of place.

the one on waterfield is a small place, decent and polite staff - but rather overstaffed and they will kill you with their politeness and attention.

have eaten different things out here and have concluded that I want to perpetually stick to the appams and mutton stew and a chaas. standard fare for me and I like it. the stew is usually nice and thick. the appams vary in quality from day to day. sometimes it is sour, and thin. once in a while its neither and nice.

another thing that I really love about the place are two of the photo prints that they have on the walls. One of Mallika Sarabhai and a poster size one of a steam locomotive.

bottomline: I like the place and visit them once in a while for a quiet dinner with the woman.

Dosa Diner - Bandra - Mumbai