5 Tips

Digital Diaries are the in Diaries
Feb 03, 2002 07:03 AM 6313 Views
(Updated Feb 03, 2002 07:06 AM)

I have a small Philips Digital Diary, which I got as a gift from a Magazine in its efforts to increase the number of subscribers. Its size is of the same dimensions as a pocket Diary, and its Memory is 34KB. It has many functions: Personal and Official Telephone Numbers, Alarm, Calendar, World Time, Calculator and Secret Code. You can update and edit your data very easily, I have another Casio Digital Diary with 64 KB Memory having connectivity with a PC. It has many more functions, all very useful and interesting ones. I do not carry it with me, but use it on my Desk. My Philips is very handy for me. I had received a Videocon Diary, again as a Gift from a Magazine. Its size is slightly bigger than Philips, but it is of considerable lower Memory. I gave it as a Birthday Gift to my son-in-law. Just the other day I got a Digital Diary as a Gift from the magazine OUTLOOK. It is nice to look at and is very small like the Philips. Its Memory is 34KB. I have not used it, and am waiting for a suitable occasion to give as a Gift to someone I love. These Diaries used to be quite expensive ten years ago, but not so now. It is a buyers market now. The other day in Delhi I bought a sleek Casio Diary with 3KB Memory for Rs.200/- only. Whatever may be the situation, it is a very useful thing for the busy executive. Once I put someone's address and/or telephone number I forget all about it. When I need the same I get it in no time. You have to be careful about the battery you use. When the data becomes faint, change the battery, otherwise all your valuable and useful data will be erased. Therefore, as a back up, you must have all the Data stored in your Diary in a good Note Book to provide you the Hard Copy. So, if you have a Digital Diary( I am sure, you have one), take good care of it. Dust and moisture are its worst enemies. It is quite strong, but it should not fall from your shirt/vest pocket. If you take good care of it, it will serve you for years as your faithful companion. Do I sound preachy? I can't help it. The teacher in me comes to surface. Best of Luck with your Digital Diary.