Medical Care:

Demos Vs. Agreements - An Eye opening process
Sep 11, 2015 12:59 PM 63213 Views
(Updated Sep 11, 2015 01:04 PM)

Medical Care:

I have done a lot of research, comparison and analysis of various stem cell companies which I thought I should share with you all.

Honestly it has been an extremely  frustrating and confusing process because of the false claims during company demos, inauthentic marketing materials by companies being thrown in our face, and even more abundant anti - marketing material for the competitors. The extreme marketing and sales gimmicks in this industry seems to take us far from the ground reality.

After having taken demo from Lifecell, Babycell, Cryosave, Cordlife, Cryobanks - I shortlisted Cryosave, Cordlife and Cryobanks based on their technology and other criteria.

I almost finalized cryobanks based on how impressive the demo was and how they seemed to offer almost everything(like 42 yr storage at price of 21 yrs and . infinite cells instead of 500 mn cells at time of retrieval).

However, when I went through the detailed Terms and Conditions of each of their agreements, it was a different story altogether . e.g. there was nothing common between what the Cryobanks demo guy had told me VS their agreement! It was quite an eye opener - We must make sure not go by marketing material or what the demos say but only by the terms and conditions of the agreement.   Honestly it looks like a lala company claiming to offer anything and everything under the sun with no idea about the ground reality.

I conducted a detailed comparison of these three companies based on their agreements based on key parameters like technology, retreival process / days, differentiation and expansion of cell lines, medical insurance / quality guarantees being offered etc.

Overall, I found both Cryosave and Cordlife's agreements to be comparable and fairly transparent, and the companies are also more credible with established technologies, given their presence in Europe / Singapore .

To me Cordlife seems marginally better(sepax 2 instead of sepax1 and very clearly stated client benefits / exclusions) . I may go in for them if I get a good deal. I thought I would share my homework with you all as you may be going through the same, and urge you to not go by marketing gimmicks, instead take an informed decision by comparing the parameters that are important to you based on company agreements.

Cryoviva Biotech - Delhi