Parking:

Store Range:

Elphistone Building, 10-Veer Nariman Road, Horniman Circle, Fort, Mumbai 400023, MH

+91-7207666000

Croma frauds consumers in the name of Warranty
Feb 04, 2019 07:20 PM 8103 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

I am very disappointed to write this review about Croma. I had purchased a Samsung J7 pro mobile phone on 30th Aug 2017 from Croma Fort. The sales person conned me into also taking up the extended warranty of Croma for an additional amt of over Rs. 4000/-. I was conned by saying that this warranty would cover EVERYTHING.

Croma seems to have outsourced this to a company called Onsite Go. My trauma started in late Dec 2018 when my phone suddenly became blank. even after 2 days of raising a complaint with helpline, I didn't get any revert, hence I had to go to Croma Fort. It was there that the customer service agent connected me to Onsite. After 24 hrs of my visit, my phone was picked up and repaired in 2 days and returned. I was informed that the lcd was replaced. I thought MY SUFFERING was over, however my real dilemma had just started. Within 20 days of the repair my phone again went blank. This time again there was no response from the onsite people till the third day of raising the complaint. On the third day my phone was picked up, however I was in for a rude shock after 4 days of submission that my claim was rejected due to damage! After that 6 to 7 people from Onsite and Croma(Pooja Mandahre from Onsite, Jivika Parab and Darshana from Croma) coordinated with me on this issue over the next 10 days but without any resolution.

My issues:

1. Conning by Croma salesman that the warranty covers all possible EVENTS.

2. Incorrect claim by Croma and onsite that my phone was damaged.

3. Pathetic service -daily one person from Croma and onsite will call you, without a proper understanding of the issue, they are completely uncoordinated amongst themselves.

4. Total Panic and Chaos - Onsite sent my unrepaired device to my old address even without informing me.

5. disturbed with the false claims of onsite and croma, I even agreed to get my device repaired by bearing the repair cost, however onsite refused to even do that.

6. Grave inconvenience -This entire process took 2 weeks when I was without a smart phone. I have app based login of my bank, I had to go to the bank and get my password reset without which I could not even access my bank a/c.

I am writing this review for benefit of innocent customers like me who are conned into buying the warranty by Croma Salesman and then cheated by Onsite by rejecting the claim on pretext of damage.

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY OF CROMA AS IT IS A SHAM, THE OUTSOURCED COMPANY LIKE ONSITE GO WILL REJECT YOUR CLAIM ON FALSE PRETEXT AND YOU WILL FEEL LIKE A MORON WHO HAS TO GET IT REPAIRED AT THEIR OWN COST EVEN AFTER PAYING A BIG SUM FOR WARRANTY!

Croma should stop cheating people through Onsite! Me and my family were regular customers of croma however we will not make any purchase from Croma going forward as there is no benefit of purchasing through croma paying a premium price vis a vis a local shop.

Kashmira Tata