Was the tour operator helpful:

Jun 20, 2016 05:43 PM 14720 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I would like to share my experiences with you & Sunny travels during my recent visit to Mt. Kailash Yatra.    I would like to describe my experiences day wise.

On 17th May 2016 landed in Khatmand airport.  Namgyall who was supposed to receive us came 2 hours late.

@ Hotel Shanker reception was good.  Dinner was arranged and a brief was given by Mr. Namgyall which is pathetic.   90% of people were not clear how the tour is going to be.

On 18th May 2016 we went to Pasupathi Nath temple and other shakti temple. After lunch we were taken to airport to goto Nepalgunj.

Here our 2nd day struggle started, no boarding pass was given and no one even know which airline we have to travel.   My wife got ticket for a differnt airline and mine in a different.  This is not only for me but 50% of group had this issue.  Also we came to know that there were multiple groups clubbed into one.  Namgyall doesn't even have one consolidated list who is coming who is not coming.  Finally we all reached Nepalgunj.   Next our struggle at Siddhartha Hotel.    Our rooms were not booked and we had to fight to get rooms.  At this point we didn't knew that there were few more surprises ahead of us.

P.S: We saw few people struggling to get rooms literally at the mercy of hotel management, we couldn't understand this.

On 19th May 2016 we were asked to be ready @ 6:00 AM and we all went to Nepalgunj airpot around 7:30 AM and we again started our struggle to get to Simikot and were waiting till afternoon  and around 1:30 PM we were told that flights were cancelled due to bad weather(this is a buzzword everyone uses for fancy).    During the same time I tried to reach Rachana Vyas who also told the same(bad weather etc).   Unfortunately we know it is not.   Reason being some of our co-travellers paid 500 USD per head went by helicopter without any issues to Simikot.

Now it is our turn at Siddharth Hotel to request Hotel management to give one room and 5 to 6 people adjusted in one room.  I'm not a poet to use good words. On 20th May 2016 we learned our lesson and we started @ 4:00 AM in the morning to Nepalgunj airport.  We used our 19th Boarding Pass and finally got into Flight to Simikot.  Our troubles are not over yet.    After landing @ Simikot we got update from other passengers that there is no weather issues or anything but there is no sufficient space to keep all piligrim passengers.   Here another struggle to catch hold of Helicopter, we were handed off to another person called Prema who doesn't have a list of all passengers from our group.  I had to give the list which I printed before starting my journey and we coordinated ourself to leave group after group.  A group means max. 6 people.   Finally we reached Hilsa.   Here at this step we identified that all 50 people from the permit must be there @ Hilsa to cross China border.  Unfortunately not everyone is available.  We stayed @ Hilsa in a dormitary 6 people in one room.  Same with everyone.

On 21st May 2016 everyone reached from our Cox and Kings(Sunny Travels)  and went for Nepal exit stamp and from there to China Border for Group visa stamp.  Here we had to wait for about 2 hrs to get the Military people inspect our belongings etc.   From this place again we went to Customs office and stood like refugees at China customs office.  We have surrendered our passports to China Guide.  P.S.  during this part of journey our Tibetian Guide Namgyall is missing:( as he has to get other groups.   We were also threatened from this point that if we raise our voice our passports will not be given and there is a chance to put us in Jail.   Hence again we had to request(beg) to take us to Mansarovar for Full Moon night.    Here also we were placed in a small rooms where 6 to 7 people had to share one room.

On 22nd May 2016 we went to other side of Manasarovar to have holy dip and do some pooja.   From here we went to base camp of Mt. Kailash.   At this place at least some of us had good place to stay and to refresh ourselves. On 23rd May 2016 we started our journey to Parikrama and some of us took horses and some walked.   Luckily we could walk and reached end 1st day parikrama.  Some of us coudln't withstand weather and retuned to basecamp.  Myself and few of us reached to Dhirapuk.  We were supposed to start @ 2:00 AM next day.

On 24th May 2016 there was  weather change and all of us are forced to take a decision to go back to basecamp.  We were not even given any chance to think to go further.    We all returned to base camp and from there to Takalkot again.  Here we were given rooms and stayed there over night.

On 25th May 2016 our struggle started again to China customs and immigration office and back to Hilsa.   Here again the same struggle to catch helicopter to Simikot. If I go on like this till end of our journey it is dreadful situation.  But Cox and Kings always says it is bad climate:(.   I've photographs where I can show that it bright sunny day but everyone portrays it as bad weather. Overall Myself and my group's feeling is that we should never opt Cox and Kings in future for any trips, nor recommend to anyone.   Wherever possible I would like to post my review and make people understand about their upcoming journey.

I wish you consider this as sincere feedback and review.

Other team please share your review also.

I wrote the same to Cox and Kings and they never replied back.  On the whole it is a disaster experience with Cox and Kings.

Cox and Kings - Mumbai