Acting:

Plot:

Mass Appeal:

YEH SHOW BANDH KARO!!!!
Dec 06, 2004 11:54 PM 5441 Views
(Updated Dec 06, 2004 11:54 PM)

Acting:

Plot:

Mass Appeal:

Star ONE ?The latest channel on T.V. is making buzz with its variety of serials. Apart from the soaps, they have also managed to put a gourmet show to spice the viewer?s interest. Sadly, this is their major flaw.

Karen Anand?s ?COOK NA KAHO? with Upen Patel is supposed to have created waves amongst the junta. But exactly the opposite is happening.

Since I m fond of cooking, I love watching cookery shows. Be it Tarla Dalal or Sanjeev Kapoor?s Khana Khazana, I have always been glued to it. The show is well portrayed by an ever smiling host who display how even the most difficult dishes could be turned out in an effortless manner.

Some of the fundas for making the cookery show a fabulous one are:

1.The host must have a passion for cooking. YES, This is a must. He must have all the culinary skills and should be able to strike a chord with the viewers with gr8 screen presence.

2.Should have knowledge of what he is going to cook and his HINDI-ENGLISH Diction must be perfect.

3.Since its meant to target Indian Audience, at least major ingredients should be such that we always have it in our kitchen.

BUT ? COOK NA KAHO? has made laughing stock of itself. Karen Anand, renowned culinary expert has authored several books on different types of cuisines. I wonder why she shied away from presenting this show. Instead its handed to an upcoming Model named UPEN PATEL.

It?s a Flop show from the start.

1.For one, we don?t need a Pin Up boy to hold chamchas {spoons} and vessels when he is all time interested in flaunting his biceps, triceps!!!!! Shocked! I was too when he was shown bare-chested with faded denim and his briefs peeking out ---like Shefali Shah of Kaanta Laga fame. This is the height of stooping to such a low level that one does not what he/she is about to see that too in a gourmet show.

2. Secondly, this ON and OFF boyfriend of Amrita Arora, has the lousiest accent I have ever heard. IS he speaking Hindi or English ????? With that kind of twang, I wonder how he managed to get to do this. Its like having Mandira Bedi on the cricket commentary box. All the time he says :Meri Hindi Achhi hai Na. Watching him speak I will forget how to speak Hindi.

3.The concept of the show is to enjoy Sunday brunch with Upen Patel. In all this, Karen Anand seems nowhere. Malaika Arora is promoting this one in all the promos.

4. Most of the time, Upen Patel suggests in using Karen Anand?s various sauces, oriental mix which is readily available in the market. More than the gourmet show, it?s promoting the sales of Karen?s food products. If everything has to be Karen?s, then why the hell this circus is going on????? They might as well do it on TVC.

SO much so that I was really disgusted when he made an ordinary egg omelet and called it FLIP JACK.

Just 3 episodes have made me switch back to Khana Khazana of Zee which is aired at 12 p.m.at the Same time.

MY only request is ?YEH SHOW BANDH KARO?.

Cook Na Kaho with Karen Anand