Room Quality:

+91-8272221114

4 Star

Club Mahindra Membership - A BIG RIP OFF
Dec 22, 2020 03:07 PM 2091 Views
(Updated Dec 22, 2020 03:14 PM)

Room Quality:

Guest Services:

Activities:

Friends I am taking time out from my busy schedule to write this review so that others out there don't get ripped off by the glib sales talk. I took Club Mahindra membership(WHITE) in Nov 2012. Membership gives 7 vacation days in a year for 25 years. Apart from the initial hefty payment you have to pay yearly subscription.

It has been 8 years now and the experience has been PATHETIC! I paid several lakhs at sign up(don't recall the exact amount) and since 2012 have been paying yearly subscription which has increased year-on-year. It was 11600/- in 2013 and now its jacked up to 16600/- .

The problem > Club Mahindra(CM) has sold(WHITE & BLUE MEMBERSHIP) to so many folks that a person in WHITE never gets rooms in a CM property in a place of his choice. This woeful situation is true even if you try to book couple of months or 3 months in advance. Consequently you are FORCED to BOOK in a CM resort which HAS VACANCY AND NOT A HOLIDAY PLACE OF YOUR CHOICE. So you don't get to go to a holiday at a place you love / or at a time WHEN U AND LOVED ONES are FREE but ONLY WHEN a CM property is free because no one has booked in the off-season or unpopular dates.

In the last 8 years I have been FORCED to visit the same location(Coorg) about 5 times) because I never got booking in other places of my choice. I even tried an international CM property(Colombo, SriLanka) booking. Here again its a rip off because they collect an hefty international exchange fee. Once I went to Colombo I discovered for the same price excellent hotels were available in equally good locations.

Rip off continues because there is no process to get a refund of the lakhs paid during initial booking. So you are ripped off for 25 years!

I have had multiple conversations about the issue of not getting rooms in CM resorts even when I try to book 2 months in advance. the standard answer is "Sir you are in WHITE so NOT entitled to BOOK during the period.please upgrade to RED or PURPLE membership. Another rip off.if u are fool enough to pay couple of lakhs more to upgrade to a RED membership.than they can fleece u to move to Purple!

Friends its a total rip-off. Think carefully.take inputs from a few more disgruntled members before opting for a CLUB MAHINDRA membership.

Club Mahindra Madikeri Coorg