Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

1800-180-2484

Lucknow India
Issue credit card without customer permission
Aug 11, 2018 08:33 PM 6359 Views
(Updated Aug 11, 2018 08:46 PM)

Phone Banking:

ATM Availability:

Internet Banking:

Recently, I have joined TRS staffing solution as an Engineer. They told me that I need to open a salary account in Citi bank as per their company policy. The city bank personnel came to the company premises to open my account.

At, the time of account opening they suggested me(Almost forced me) to apply for a City bank credit card. However, I refused to apply for the credit card and not ticked on the Account opening form for applying for a credit card.

Even though, I received below message from City bank, on 10th of August 2018, on my mobile no. registered with the bank:

"Your City Card application ref no is 18081080730. Card processing may take up to 7 working days. To check status click-citi.asia/2cEatzV

Then again, on 11th of August 2018, I received below message from City bank, on my registered mobile no:

Congratulations! Your application for a Citybank credit card has been approved. Your card will be dispatched within 2 working days.

On seeing the above message, I instantly called Citybank customer care no.022 49552484. First, a representative named VIDHI picked my called. I explained her that I never applied for a credit card even though Citibank is issuing a credit card to me. She replied that she could not help me and she transferred my call to AKSHMALA a credit card specialist. I again explained to AKSHMALA that even though I have not aplied for a Credit card, Citibank was issuing me the one. She told me that she needed last 4 digit of the credit card issued to me, to close the card, and I have to wait till I receive the card, and then again I need to call Citibank customer care to raise a request for card closer.

What Kind, of fraud bank is Citybank First of all they issue a credit card without customer permisssion, and then tell customer to wait till he recieves the card. When I called them, the card was not still dispatched, and they could have cancelled the dispatch of the card itself.

Even now the card has not been dispatched. If any Citi bank official is reading this post, they should look in to the matter and immediately cancel the dispatch of the card and cancel the application itself, as I never applied for it. Also, city bank should investigate, how, without permission an application for the Credit card was made. They should talk to the representative who came for account opening. They should also check the account opening form filled by me, as I did not tick to apply for a credit card.

At last, I would suggest all the readers of this post, that they should never ever open an account in Citybank This bank is only interested to sell Credit cards and loans. As, they earn huge on these products.

Citibank