Plot:

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

First the confession. I wanted to see Phir Hera Pheri but couldnt get the tickets hence watched Chup Chup ke. Now for my views on the movie..

Let me start with one flaw I noticed at the end of the movie while the cast was displayed. Neha dhupia's name was shown as that of Rajpal Yadav. I mean the character that Rajpal played in the movie was shown as Neha dhupia in the cast listings at the end.

Well, may be that hapless error sums up the movie..I had trouble noticing this error cos people just ran as soon as last seen got over ( may be they were waiting and suffering..)

Well I dont want to sound very harsh here so let me mention some good points about the movie first. Mr Priyadarshan has roped in so many actors in this movie and they are all good actors..and hence this movie at least deserves a try. Another point is that Paresh Rawal, Om puri and Rajpal are God's gift to Indian Cinema and they helped me sit thru it as there were some pretty good comedy instances in the movie. The scene where Paresh wants to leave Rajpal and Shahid in Om Puri's house and is pretending that he is sad is a gem. And Neha Dhupia looks very attractive unlike the made to look dull Kareena.. thanks Neha for providing the oomp factor even with traditional clothes on.

But then comedy is not just about somone speaking his dialogues loudly and hitting or slapping the opposite guy all the time..( poor Rajpal got slapped by a number of people all along the movie..)

This film's comedy was certainly forced. I felt Priyadarshan was standing in front of me and forcing me to laugh.. I drew respite at times by looking at the girl sitting a few seats next to me..

The factor that made this movie really unbearable at times was the sacrifice act done by "Mother India ki Maa" Sushma reddy and Kareena " dumb but gem at heart" Kapoor. Imagine a scene in which both women who actually want to marry Shahid are giving him away to each other telling - u deserve him more than me.. bla bla.. Eventually he lands somewhere but hey he was ready to go either way. ( what a Man!!)

And then a person who has duped so many for money ( carries a loan of 13 lakh) is shown to be very nice at heart. A person who doesn't care about his father or mother's feeling and decides not to live with them or contact them is shown to be pure at heart.. And there are more than 2 women who fall for him not cos of his looks but cos of his good nature ( they emphasised this point but forgot to emphasise where was the good nature!!)

Anywaz, Chup Chup ke is type of "Khicdi" movie with all sorts of elements in it. Emotion and comedy fluctuating so fast that it was tough to understand which scene to laugh and which one to cry on.

In all, one good song by Himesh, Good screen presence of Neha Dhupia, certain good comedy scenes by Paresh were the only pros of this movie..

Otherwise this movie is tough to watch and comprehend..Its a complicated mistake which the director has made and the viewers are left to pay for this

Chup Chup Ke