Charleston United States of America
My Chuck E. Cheese Party Experience (2 year old)
Jan 12, 2011 12:19 PM 7844 Views

I decided this year to have our daughters 2nd Birthday Party at Chuck E. Cheese. I had first planned a party that was going to be held at home, but last year I was so stressed out with preparing the food, decorations, etc on my own for the party that I really was just dreading it.

I called Chuck E. Cheese and they were really helpful. I was concerened first about the prices of the parties that I had heard other moms talk about...11.99 per child for the smallest package and 16.99 per child for the largest.

However, once I added up 9 children (including my daughter) and the food for the adults it really was no more than a party I would have had at home, on the contrary, it was actually cheaper.

We picked the 11.99 package and that included the decor, party space, 2 slices of pizza per child, unlimited refills, 20 tokens per child(more than enough), a party host, a birthday crown and balloon for my daughter, 2 hour party space, and many party festivities.

I chose to order pizza and hotwings for the adults and then our attendant threw in the adult drinks for free with a coupon..which saved us loads of money considering that there were 20 adults. He also gave us coupons for the pizza, which ended up only costing us $9.99 for each large pizza.

When we arrived, the attendant and the door was ready to take us back to the party space and then we were introduced to our party host. Our host was great and so helpful..he really impressed me.

I didn't have to do anything and to be honest I kind of felt like I should have been doing something, but he just told me to take it easy and he'd take care of everything, which he did.

The table was all set up and ready to go and the kids tokens were all ready for them when we got there. The kids got their tokens and headed out to play while the food order, I think for around 40 minutes or so, which was great.

The food arrived and again our host served everything..right down to cutting the cake and serving it. Mr. Chuck E. Cheese himself came and did a great show for the kids and then our daughter and friends got to do the "ticket blaster", which was a hit. Then we ate cake and opened gifts.

By then, time had flown and it was almost time for our party space to be cleaned and set up for the next party, however, our attendant just offered to move us to another table so that the kids could continue to play. Again, we didn't have to do anything. He moved everything..including all the gifts, leftover food, drinks, and the cake..we offered to help, but the staff ensured us they had it covered and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The attendant brought the bill and I was actually surprised.

After my $30 deposit for the party space was deducted, I paid $150, which made the whole party a total of $180...a lot cheaper than any party I had ever thrown at home. Sure you can do parties cheaper than that, but food a lot is expensive, especially if you order pizza or do party platters.

Decorations aren't cheap and entertainment can be a problem when you have age ranges between 2 years and 11 years in my case, so I didn't have to worry about that either, everything was covered. So, all in all, I was really relieved and I feel that I saved a lot of money.

I had a great experience as a mom throwing a party at Chuck E. Cheese and I would recommend it any day for children aged 2 and up. We tipped our host $20 and it didn't bother me at all to do so, he really worked for it and he appreciated it...

I am pleased beyond measure and our daughter had a great time. We will be partying with Chuck E. Cheese in the future for sure.

Chuck E. Cheese's