edmonton Canada
Where a kid can't be a kid
Apr 07, 2008 10:47 PM 7480 Views

We went into Chuck E Cheeses at the South Common location about a week ago. I got coupons off the internet, the young cashier refused to take without a manager. The manager I guess was called but took so long to come to the front I just told them to forget it and charge me regular price. We went and sat down at the booth close to the pop machine as the tables in the "showroom" where all reserved( even though nobody sat at the last table for over an hour and a half). The tables where filthy underneath and had gum on the chairs. The womens washroom was atrocious, there was soapy foam or something slippery on the floor and none of the stalls where clean. It stunk to high heaven in there. The changing table was disgusting, I had to line it with toilet paper before I could use it.

Chuck E came out for something they called a "roadshow". All he did was really interact with the first few kids he saw, threw some ticket then booked it to the back. My daughter was so disappointed, she wanted a picture and a hug from him, afterall he is the reason we came there. We didn't see him until just before we left when he came out and danced upfront with the other birthday children at the end. The employees where very slack. I could hear them in the kitchen taking about their weekend when I was at the pop machine and it really doesn't seem to matter they are working with kids, because the cussing was non-stop. When my daughter and I went to the glass counter to get some prizes with another mom and tot we waited for about several minutes before anyone even bothered to help us. Now I know Alberta is short staffed, but we are not being served and I know that there are employees because I can see 2 of them standing at the "kid-check" station chatting, looking at us and I can still hear people from the back going on about their social lives. Finally when the phone rang and someone went to answer it the popped their head around the corner at the cashier station and noticed us.

My final opinion, it was a big disappointment. Not what it was like when I was younger, and I used to work at Chuck E Cheese in my youth many years ago! My how times have changed. Food is mediocre, half the games are busted, its dirty everywhere and over a 2and a half hour period we never saw a manager once on the floor. The salad bar was never full and Chuck E must have issues because  he is never out, besides the fake one on stage. Don't waste you money on this one, Galaxy Land is a far better bang for your buck.

Chuck E. Cheese's