Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

Excellent Europe trip, in spite of Visa rejection!
Jun 09, 2012 01:34 PM 14810 Views

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I had taken a Europe trip with Chariot. This was on the 4th May 2012. right from the beginning, everything went on so well. I was browsing the web for Europe tours and found Chariot's site. I filled the contact me form on their site and submitted it. The next minute I got a call. The gentleman who spoke with me was from Cunningham Road branch and really friendly but at the same time very professional. His name is Mr. Koushik. After speaking with me for a few mins, he offered to meet me at my office immediately. After about an hour, he turned up in my office as scheduled with a brochure and explained the entire tour. I somehow trusted the way he presented and decided to travel with them. I negotiated, but he was very firm on his prices and did not offer ANY discount. After a couple of day he called and asked if he could send someone to pick up the passport. Well I booked.

They took a lot of papers and applied for my UK visa. I was scheduled to travel on the 27th of April first. After about 20 days, I got a rejected letter from the UK embassy. I was disappointed. I called Mr. Koushik and informed him. He asked me to come to his office on Cunningham Road. Though they involved me through the entire Visa process and I was satisfied that they had done it correctly, I sort of blamed them in the lighter vein for my visa refusal and decided to cancel the tour.

Mr. Koushik sat with us and worked out a plan to apply only for Schengen visa and reroute only the 2 of us and join the group in Amsterdam. I was initially reluctant, but he explained the pros and cons of what he was offering so well that I decided it was worth the risk and agreed to apply for Schengen visa. I dont know what strings he pulled to get a quick appointment, he did the needful and personally ensured that we got a schengen visa. By this time the 27th group has departed. He then managed to include us in their 4th May tour and took a separate ticket so as to join the group in AMsterdam. Let me know tell you, operating a tour is not a easy task. There are so many things to coordinate and so many kinds of people to manage. These people did it so professionally and coolly that I only say HATS OFF to them. Their group departed on the 4th may and we started on the 6th May by Air France. This man took personal care to ensure that we had no problems in reaching the others at Amsterdam. He called us the at Amsterdam the moment we had landed. We joined the group at Amsterdam.

At Amsterdam, we joined the group with the tour Manager Mr. Surendra. This guy was such a fantastic guy. Extremely professional and well behaved. Their caravan food was so fantastic. We were just about 4 of us who were Non Vegetarians but did were served excellent food. All our program went on like clock work. The great thing about this company is ZERO CARRY CASH. This is so well termed. We did not actually have to spend even one rupee while on tour if we did not shop. Overall, we had a very memorable experience and this was possible in spite of all the obstacles initially because of Chariot. Kudos to Chariot.

Chariot World Tours - Bangalore