Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

Very disappointed
Oct 16, 2019 01:38 PM 609 Views (via Mobile)

Was the tour operator helpful:

Tour Guide Expertise:

Travel Convenience:

I recently went on a Chariot Europe tour for 8 days across Switzerland and France. The guide was well versed with the locations and was very friendly and helpful. Sadly that's where the positives end. I have a long list of negative points to make about our tour which I'm going to highlight in brief below:

a) The itinerary was very hectic. It would start at 7-8 in the morning and end at 9-10 in the night. There were no breaks in between for self exploration.

b) A single bus was utilised for the entire tour. Even for the journey from Switzerland to France, a 6 hour trip was undertaken in the bus which made things very tiring.

c) Food disappointed me the most. While travelling abroad, in my opinion, one should try the local cuisine to experience the complete plethora of experiences a country offers. Lunch and dinner was provided in only Indian restaurants. We weren't given a choice of multiple restaurants and upon that the quality of Indian food at these restaurants was highly disappointing.

d) Breakfast offered was continental included at the hotel we were staying. However, we were treated like third world citizens as we had to dine at a separate area in the hotel. Breakfast menu was very limited, consisted of just cold boiled eggs, croissants and toast. Food was cold, tables would not be cleaned, staff at the hotel were rude, the list just goes on. I've stayed at a number of hotels in the past, but have never experienced such horrible behavior/food ever.

e) Hotels again were not up to the standard. Rooms provided were very small and I highly doubt if they were even 4 star rated as Chariot claims.

f) My next point, being not a Chariot specific feedback, but of my fellow travellers from Bangalore who had no regard of the elderly/children in the group. They were highly selfish people who were only interested in jumping the queue and being ahead in the line without respecting the needs of others. The guide could've done something about their behavior, but sadly nothing was done to discipline them a bit.

Overall I've had a very very disappointing experience and will never be using Chariot tours and travels again. Chariot might say I'm being picky, however if I've paid such a huge amount for the tour, I'll expect my experience to be worth it. I don't think I've got my money's worth and sadly this tour ended on a very sour note for me.

Chariot World Tours - Bangalore