Originality:

Not so good not so bad
Oct 08, 2004 09:26 PM 2419 Views
(Updated Mar 26, 2005 08:44 PM)

Originality:

Eight songs, the majority sung by Abhijeet and composed by Jatin Lalit. A bit of a disappointment too. I was disappointed with the lack of Sonu Nigam and Udit Narayan. Anyways here are those songs.

CHALTE CHALTE

This song happens nearly at the end of the movie, where the two lovers are wondering what has happened to their once blooming relationship. What had gone wrong and where? Abhijeet and Alka give a superb performance in a sad song that tugs at your heartstrings!

TAUBA TUMHARE YEH ISHARE

Abhijeet and Alka again. This time it’s where SRK wins the love of his life! Finally Rani has admitted she loves him! One of my all-time favourite romantic songs!

SUNO NA SUNO NA

One of Abhijeet’s best ever. Here SRK is begging his love to listen to him! Sweet song and well sung by Abhijeet

DAGARIYA CHALO

Quite a nice song sung by Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik. This is the only song where those two team up together and they do pretty well. I was disappointed with the lack of Udit though. I liked this one the first time I heard it maybe because of the sort of Classical beat it’s got. It may take some time to grow on others though. This is a kind of comic song between Rani and SRK.

GUM SHUDA

Here’s my favorite song from Chalte Chalte. Sung by Sonu Nigam, this is a fast paced song and a nice one to dance to. This is his only song from the movie. I was really disappointed about that. Anyways, I think it is one of his best. It may take some time before you like it though. SRK is searching for his lost love, and wherever he looks he sees her. However it’s only his imagination!

LAYI VI NA GAYI

I know most of you don’t like this song but I do. Well just a little. Sukhwinder Singh did a good job singing the song; his voice suits it. On a scale of 1 to 5 I’ll give this song 1/5.

It could become a bore. It’s a really sad song where the tears flow while watching the movie! SRK has lost his love, he may never see her again! Well, poor SRK is singing out his life and wham! At the end of the song, Rani turns up!

TUJHPAR GAGAN SE

Do you call this a song? Puh-lease, it’s more like shouting. I’ll give this 0/5. Sukhwinder Singh really knows how to mess up a song. I really don’t like this one, really and truly.

CHALTE CHALTE- INSTRUMENTAL

Quite a nice one. I wonder why they put in an instrumental, can anyone say? I liked it though, it’s a great piece.

Well there’s your 8 songs. Comments taunts suggestions etc are all welcome.

Chalte Chalte Songs