Parking:

May 14, 2009 04:44 PM 2789 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

Be Careful Before Buying Anything From Cellucom. Read on to know why

It was around a few months back , that I wanted to buy a mobile phone .As Ansal Plaza, New Delhi , Khel Gaon Road is near to my home , and my clinic , I went to shoppersstop in ansal plaza , and there is a mobile phone counter inshopperstop ground floor , called as Cell U com .

As I was in a hurryand had predecided which brand and make of phone I wanted i.e NOKIA E71 , I askedthem weather they had that set or not. They showed me the sealed boxand priced at rs 20, 500. I asked them to open and show me the set, butthey refused saying that I had to pay for it first , then only willthey open it and show it. So as I was getting late for my clinic and was constantly getting calls from the clinic , I quickly went and payedfor the phone.

Then I showed them my receipt and they gave me thesealed box. I asked them to open it and show it to me , theyreluctantly opened it and showed me very casually that look there isphone , manual , cd, usb chord ..etc etc .. as I did not have much timei did not ask them to put my old sim in it and check whether it worksor not. I told them to pack it up as I had full faith of a big malllike this , and thought that these kind of people do not cheat .

Luckily something came across to my mind and just before leaving thecounter I opened up the box and started to have a look at my new phone.I noticed that there was a sticker on the screen , I thought that thiswas a protective sticker , I tried to remove it , but realized thatthis was from the inside not outside, anyways I ignored it but againnoticed that some of the keys on the keypad were worn out , like a usedmobile , so I asked the guy over there , that why are my keys worn out, he replied saying that it sometimes happens , that in certain piecesthe keys are worn out , I said that since I have got a brand new set , why should I have a worn out keypad.

I asked them to replace the setor at least the keypad, but they said that it was not possible at themoment . Then I flipped open the slot which contains the memory cardand the USB cable slot , to my surprise when I looked into it and foundout that there was nothing inside, and suddenly realized that themobile set which they sold me was a not a real set but just a DUMMY!! . I was shocked . I gave them the phoneback and asked them what was that ? , they had no answer . As I wasalready late for my clinic I could not argue much , but gave them mycard and told them to deliver a new phone to my clinic immediately .

After about 2 hours they delivered another real! phone to me in my clinic. I feel that I should have written to the police or should have writtento the newspapers about this earlier , but due to lack of time and busyschedule I could never do that , but when I read an article today inthe news paper which was similar to this incidence , I thought that I was not alone , and should conveythis incidence to the media and people , so that people know that not only peoplein gaffar , or palika , or at crossings can cheat us , but also thosepeople who own big big shops in prominent malls of Delhi are alsocapable of doing that , and people should be alert to such things . Hope this would be helpful in making people cautious .

Cellucom - Delhi