Paper Handling:

Printing Speed:

Canon

NOT FOR AN AVERAGE USER
Apr 26, 2006 09:21 PM 4335 Views
(Updated Apr 26, 2006 09:25 PM)

Paper Handling:

Service:

Printing Speed:

I got this as my first printer ''CANON SP200spx''.I selected this one as it was new in the market an year ago and due to the low cost of cartridges(black or white) whether original or Refilled(Amkette).

I had three full choices Lexmark S45 and HP 3550 and this one. Well the cartridges of HP are expensive than Lexmark and Canon.Also the vendor suggested refilling the cartridges might not cause any damage to Printing head when compared to HP. Thats where I made a wrong decision of buying this one. Also,There was no cost difference b/w this one, HP and Lexmark.They costed almost the same.

Lets come to build quality which is not that good.First and foremost I had to buy an USB cable by paying extra ie its not included in the printer.When the printer is connected to computer with usb and power on, it makes a soft screeching noise which is sort of indication to show that printer got started. It did not possess even a single light indicator to indicate the status of the printer as in HP. I had problems even installing driver because in the manual it was instructed to switch on printer after the software was properly installed.Now the device driver software was installed from CD and the printer was detected.Hurray!!!!!

At the beginning printing was good especially the text print outs.Also,I am an average user printing around 5 pages/week max.Sometimes not even that.This became a problem,after around a month I just wanted to print some pages,so I did, when I printed the first page ,its was fine. Then the 2nd page came out with streaks of printed text,3rd one was an empty page.I tried everything given under maintenance,from cleaning printing head to printing test page, After that,I just had to call the Company maintenance to check out the problem,he took it and just replaced the whole printer with a ''NEWLY REPAIRED-REPLACED ONE'' as its was less than an year.It was under warranty.By the look I could make out its not new.

Next,the quantity of ink in cartridges is 8ml which is very less.The resolution is not that good to say,its 2880x789, when it comes to colour printing, the ink is over after printing 3-4 postcard photos and its a waste, output of the prints is not horrible since the resolution is somewhat odd (2880x789).Seriously I did not like this one.

Folks!!! I had enough from this printer and I am thinking of replacing this one with some good one.

So if in case, any one is still interested in buying it pls call me .......

Its a joke!!!!! chilll out

NEVER BUY THIS.....