Accessibility:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

My First day in US
Sep 02, 2004 03:04 AM 2529 Views
(Updated Sep 02, 2004 03:04 AM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

On June 2 I left India for first time in my life..

After lot of arguments, fights with my project manager.. I am leaving to my dream country.. Country full of hope..

I boarded the flight at 12;30 PM but as usuall the flight started at 1:15 AM and reached sinagapore at 7:30 AM local time..

Roamed around the airport..Indian airports are useless .. there are no way in comparison to other international airports..

Called up my parents from Sinagpore using a 10 $ ( hmm ten dollars man.. I realise it's value now) for 20 mins talk..

From there, went to HongKong by Cathy Pacific airlines.. saw a nice movie over there.. Luckily I had a indian veg food....

The airhostess were pretty... The flight journey was four hours..

then came the shock of my life.......

I thought my flight from hongkong to sanfarnsico is for 4 hrs.. but the flight journey is for 11 hrs..3 dinners..

I get down at Sanfranisco aiprort around 2:30 PM and as soon as touch down.. outside temp is 18C but my temp soars and I am feeling tension as I approach the Immagriation center...

No orientation in my office and I am completely out of my mind..when I approached INS .. barely managed it..

After few hiccups.. out of the airport... with lots of pickles in my bag..

Finally I landed in land of my dream but to find myslef lonely..

new country.. new people..don't know what to do.. Picked up a cab and went to my apartment. Called up my parents using my friends card, manager and to sleep ..

Manger assigned me a person to pick me up the next day ..

He came around 9:30 AM to find me that I am still not out of my bed..

HEre started my first day orderal..

Luckily one of my roomate helped me in identfying the bus and I am on the way to office around 10:30 AM

The first struggle I found out was crossing the lane.. and I had such a tough time with it that people started to think I am joker ..

Lights green .. walk.. caution .. run back ..oh my god..

The biggest joke is that I shouldn't have crossed my lane as my bus starts from the same side.. I was literally crying..oh my god.. let me go back india please..

Then I got into the bus, the next problem where to buy the ticket .. luckily the bus driver helped me to buy it ..

one problem over .. the next is where to get down??

I told the driver the place to get down.. he said he will help me out..

i waited waited . waited for half hour and the driver gets down and another driver comes in ..

oh my god.. save me ... again I approached the new driver.. who figure was like a dinasour.. I wonder what they eat ..

finally he helped me and reached my place at 12 PM

My manager was waiting for me for past 2 hrs..any way .. my stomach started crying .. I interrpurted my manager and asked him whether we can go for close...

Had a nice lunch at my manager's expense..($7.. saved 7$...)

my manager gave me a drop at my place in his car..

the real tradegy stared now.. my roommate went out and he gave me a wrong key in the morning and I had sit out for 1 hr in 18 C chilling weather..Singing ''East or West ..India is the best...''

California