Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

Las Vegas U.S.A.
Commerce Club Casino Miserable!!
Mar 29, 2006 02:32 PM 2108 Views
(Updated Mar 29, 2006 02:32 PM)

Accessibility:

Local Sightseeing:

Hotels / Accommodation:

Safety:

I have made three trips to the Commerce Club Casino in L.A. and twice stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel there. I was there to play poker and the amount and variety of games was great, there is a game for every level and bankroll. Unfortunately the staff have no clue how to run a poker room, chaos reigns supreme. A constant stream of obscenities, verbal and physical threats and trash talk makes for a rather unpleasant enviroment. It is the floor manager's job to keep things civil and not let tempers get out of hand but they just could not care less. There are some black players that come in throwing around racial slurs, bragging about their drug sponsored bankrolls and trying to intimidate the players of different cultures that have white skin. It is truly an amazing experience. I had to ask for security to escort me to my car when I was staying at a different hotel and when staying on site I kept my money in the hotel safe.

The hotel is not bad but again the staff is a nightmare, lost reservation, overcharges and valets that do not speak English. I mention this because when I asked one of them to please bring me a luggage cart he smiled, hopped into my car and drove away with my $15,000 cash bankroll in the car! I stood around for 20 minutes before they brought my car back.

I find it difficult to believe that the WPT or any other respectable poker sponsors would even hold an event in such a dive. I will certainly NOT be going back!

California