Cooling and Sound:

Blue Star- 5 star!!!
Nov 27, 2013 01:31 AM 10974 Views

Cooling and Sound:

Reliabiity & Satisfaction:

My respect for Blue Star began at my visit to BPCL Kochi refinery where they have employed colossal cooling systems from this company for their different machines and pipe line networks, I asked my guide about this choice of brand and he replied that every processes encountered in distilling crude oil are dangerous and that they select only the most efficient solution for everything.

Keeping in mind his bold remark and in the hunt for a 5 star AC(since ACs are known for its power gluttony), I came across this beautiful piece of equipment which has not let me down.

It comes with Auto mode, Cool mode, dehumidifier mode, turbo mode and heater mode. Heater mode is not supported in this model. The iFeel feature is awesome. This means that the RC itself is equipped with a thermostat and it controls the temperature by measuring the heat nearby it and commanding the indoor unit accordingly, with the set temperature level.

I mostly use the auto mode which goes to 25C as a default setting. It can cool the room to a comfortable level in less than 2 minutes! You can actually feel the fan being automatically controlled by its inbuilt microprocessor though manual setting is also possible. The thermostat is digital(also within the indoor unit) and the display is covered with a red glass which makes it dim at night time. Though you can manually switch off the display through the RC.

I use my AC every night and sometimes during day time. I have not seen any appreciable change in my power bill. I will put a detailed calculation about its power consumption later in this article. Changing the filter is very easy.

The only problem I see is with the out door unit which has a sheet metal covering that vibrates during operation, producing lots of noise. Hence it must be strategically placed far away from the windows, and that of your neighbors!

Hence, I proudly state that my choice of 5HW12ZBR is a right decision and works as efficient as its big bros at among the largest of refineries in India.

Bluestar 1 Ton Split AC 5HW12ZBR