Handy:

Bernette

Bangalore, India India
Useless machine, has left me so disappointed.....
Mar 10, 2018 02:02 PM 1431 Views

Handy:

I bought my Bernina Chicago 5 machine in Nov 2016, and within a month, took it back to the dealer. The bobbin case was damaged, and the dealer says it was my fault, and asked me to pay Rs 1500/- to replace it.

During 2017, I took the machine back 6 times. The stitches are faulty and crooked. The man at the dealer makes a few adjustments, and tells me the machine is okay. I wrote a letter to the Head dealer in Mumbai and to the head of Asia Marketing also, also, telling them I had a faulty machine, but they have done nothing about it.

Recently when I took the machine back for a service, though a part needed to be changed, the mechanic has just don't a temporary job, telling me the machine is usable.

I think the Dealer in Bangalore is a nice person, and the mechanic is competent, but the general attitude of the head office in Mumbai is not helpful. I run a small boutique and use this machine for my decorative stitches only, but have not been able to work for months.

I DO NOT suggest anybody buys this machine, or any other Bernina for that matter, because they are cheap and useless.

Bernette Chicago 5 Computerised Sewing Machine