Accessibility:

Accessibility:

Security/Immigration:

Infrastructure/Facilities:

Taxi/Rent-a-Car:

I was travelling to Bengaluru International Airport for Business from Dubai where I am a resident . I was one of the exhibitors for the Trade show there and had to carry an over-sized baggage along with me which contained a pop up stand .

Apparently there was a chalk mark on the luggage and the customs guy asked me to get it scanned, the lady at the scanning starts arguing with me that the baggage isn't an allowed baggage to which I responded that it's none of your concern, I have paid heft fees to the airlines which includes handling and transport, your task is to scan it and check for items. This conversation became weird when she starts arguing with me that she is updating me . Following this she asked me of what's inside the box and I responded saying it's a pop up stand for an exhibition, then she asked what's the value to which I responded it doesn't have any value, it's an old one and had been procured in UK by my company .

Then she takes my passport and goes to the Customs Officers room and doesn't return for 20 min, then she calls me and asks me to read a leaflet which did not mention anything ref the baggage size, baggage code or anything over which the argument started . She then asked me to produce an invoice of the item which barely costed us around GBP 500 couple of years ago and we have been carrying it either in flights / courier every time we visit different countries for exhibition .

The lady then starts threatening me with the detention unless I produce an invoice( I had absolutely no problem producing an Invoice but I had taken an overnight flight and was there at 5 AM in the morning, however it was late to contact the guys back in UK) .

Her colleagues started arguing with her to let me go since they knew what was going on, however her ego was hurt and she was speaking to them in Kannada to take my case - Cheap Mentality) .Then she asks me since I have paid to the airlines so they will come for help, she even went on to say that she is a govt employee and I should not be arguing -( This is my wonderful country where the govt officers take a pride in troubling the passengers at the airport) .

After wasting 1 hour of my time she finally gave my passport and asks me to not to repeat it again .

Thank you for shitty services Bengaluru Customs!

Bengaluru International Airport - Bangalore