4, Sree Krishna Enclave, Coast Road, Kottivakkam, Chennai 600041, TN

+91-44-24511130, +91-44-28330085

Good Food - Pricey - Bad Service
Apr 02, 2007 03:32 PM 3056 Views

Me and my wife are big italian food fans. We love anything cooked in white sauce. So having heard a lot about bella ciao we decided to give it a try. Here is how our experience shaped up

Ambience and Decor - B minus. It was located outdoor. There was insufficient light. The tables and cutlery were cheap. The only saivng grace was that compared to other outdoor locations there were hardly any mosquitoes.

Service - C minus. No water refills unless called and asked for. Waiter forgot to bring our soup till we asked for it. Turns out it was prepared and waiting to be served. By the time we got it, it was cold. Had to raise hand and wait for the waiter to notice and come and take our order. When asked for a salt shaker, got one that did not work. Asked the waiter for another, he had the guts to point out that I already had one so why did I want another. I had to explain that the one I had was not working.

Food - B plus. Appetizer(Bruschetta) was good.  The bread was crispy yet soft. The soup was good but had too much salt. The pasta in white/blue cheese sauce was exceptionally tasty. The veg lasagna had hardly any salt. So overall a mixed experience. Maybe the cook was good, but not good at handling lots of orders simultaneously.

Price - Very pricey. We spent 830 rupees on a dinner for two. one appetizer, one soup and two entrees. So this turned out to be one of our most expensive outings in Chennai. The only other comparable one was the one at GRT, where we spent something like 900 rupees. However bella ciao was totally incomparable to GRT. The ambience, . service and food quality was not at all worth the price we paid. Wang's kitchen and Rainforest cafe are much better places with great prices.

Bella Ciao - Kottivakkam - Chennai