4, Sree Krishna Enclave, Coast Road, Kottivakkam, Chennai 600041, TN

+91-44-24511130, +91-44-28330085

Dharmshala (Dharamshala), India India
Smoking at the restaurant
May 01, 2015 07:32 AM 2048 Views (via Mobile)
(Updated May 01, 2015 07:36 AM)

I went to have dinner with my wife to this restaurant on 30 April. It has an outdoor and indoor eating place. We chose to sit outside. While having our meal we found many of the customers were smoking and it caused discomfort to my wife and I.

On asking the staff, they said it was permitted outside. When I asked the owner he was arrogant enough to suggest that it was his place and he did not see anything wrong in people smoking there, if we were uncomfortable we should move inside. When reminded of smoking law in India he said many bigger illegal things were going on in India and he, an Italian by birth, had lived here for 17 years to know what he could or could not do in his restaurant. indiankanoon.org/docfragment/128982936/?

formInput=smoking%20in%20public%20places%20%20doctypes%3A%20supremecourt. I was aghast that mouth shut.com had given him a certificate for the best Italian restaurant in Chennai. A person with such attitude blatantly flouting the laws of the land doesn't need appreciation of mouth shut but needs to be reminded to uphold the law in the first place. Would he have dared done the same in Italy?

Bella Ciao - Kottivakkam - Chennai