Parking:

Poor quality of Bata's Weinbrenner brand
Dec 31, 2010 12:25 PM 4249 Views

Parking:

Store Range:

Since I had a very good experience with the Weinbrenner brand of footwear during my college days, I decided to buy their footwear(all-weather sandals) few months back thinking it would have retained the same good quality I found in their shoes(casual-wear). While the shoes during my college days lasted for a couple of years after much rough use, I was appalled to find that their sandals I had been wearing since July  2010 had worn off so soon. While the sole remains good, the velcro strap and the straps have come to shreds as if it was being worn for years. Since it was less than 6 months from purchase date, I approached the Bata shop I had purchased it from for a replacement or repairs. But, the salesmen claimed the sandals I had purchased have been phased out(no reason given, but perhaps poor customer feedback was a reason!) hence they couldn't help.

I had been wearing Bata footwear during my school days and noted that it has gradually lost its quality. But, Weinbrenner and Hush Puppies maintained their quality until I discovered these too have poor quality. I used to wear Hush Puppies formal black shoes to work, but they didn't last long, so I have switched over to other brands like Woodlands which are much better in quality though bit pricey.

Bata is supposed to be an international brand(Canadian MNC, I believe), but it is sad that a brand many of us grew up with has lost its reputation so much over time. It is well-known that they procure their products from vendors in various places, but I hope they put in more efforts towards Quality Control and restore the reputation it once enjoyed as the preferred brand for many of us.

Bata Store - Mumbai