Happy_Republic_Day_2021

4, Baghajatin Pally, Baghajatin, Kolkata 700092, WB

+91-8697734390, +91-9007200781

SWEET CORNER
Sep 08, 2016 04:36 AM 4535 Views

This sweet shop is just 2 minuted walking distance from Baghajatin More. This is a fully A/C shop with huge space Prices are a bit high. I tested a chocolate sweet item as it seems to be a new one to me. It costs Rs. 15 but taste is just average. I ordered two Pantua and took to my home. Pantua costs Rs. 15 each, but taste is not that good, and lacks freshness.

There are so many sweets and snacks items like Mihidana, Abar Khabo Sondesh, Lancha, Butter Scotch Sandesh, Laddu, Doi, Rosogolla, chocolate naru, Kaju bargi, mati chur laddu, Singara to mame a few. They also makocated at a 2mins distance from Baghajatin more near the Khadim's Baghajatin showroom, it's my favourite sweet shop in that area(I prefer it more to even Ganguram and Kamdhenu's).Also its largest in terms of area amongst the other sweet shops there.I love their jibe goja it's a must must(* 100) try!Their flavoured(strawberry and mango)sandesh which I call icecream mishti is pure bliss-its super soft texture and the fruity flavour makes one wonder if it's really a mishti or an icecream!Their baked rasgullas and mango rasmalai are other delicacies that I would whole heartedly recommend.All their sweets are amazing.They have also come up with many innovative products out of which mihidaana tart is my favourite!They also have something called'charu' which is basically chocolate coated naru(shredded coconut balls).Though the concept sounds amazing, it isn't that great in terms of taste.The chocolate coating is too thin hardly effecting the taste of the naru in any way and the size too is very small for the price.Muffins and chocolate mousse are also available here and though they are overpriced and too less in quantity one actually enjoys it's freshness! Banchharam also had come up with kulfi during summer which I didn't like very much-it was too sweet for me!

Amongst their snack items it has acquired 8th position in Kolkata in shingaras(samosas).They also have something called baked shingara which I really like.paneer pattice, corn puff and many other fried snacks are available here.All of which is served with a sweet and sour chutney.Apart from sweets, snacks and other desserts they also sell ghee called the Banchharam ghee in tin cans.I haven't tried it till now.Though they don't have seating arrangements they have high raised tables.Do try their gojas and mihidaana tart, you wouldn't regret it!e Parota with Sabji.and nice decor.

Bancharam Sweets - Baghajatin - Kolkata