Road Grip:

Bangalore India
Problems with Pulsar 200cc
Aug 12, 2007 08:54 PM 14952 Views

Road Grip:

I was an owner of Pulsar 200 cc, brought it 3 months back , did 5000+ kms and sold it 2 days back due to a hell of problems faced and for my concerns towards the personal safety.

the problems I experienced with the byk are

1) had an unsolved problem with the oilcooler unit, after I ride for some distance the low-oil indicator will start flashing, got the unit changed couple of times but still the problem persisited, all that I got as a reply from the dealer was - there is pressure sensor problem which the bajaj is still sorting out.

2) one fine morning a cabie ran into my byk, I stopped the byk with all my force on the brakes but took a gr8 plunge into the road even without hitting anything, I woke up from the road with all the bruises only to realize that the front forks got broken leading to my plunge

• Reason Bajaj modified the front suspension to provide a leaping stance which resulted in weak forks -  lot of other folks owing 200cc  came across the same situation during hard braking -> bajaj re modified the stance of the byk and provided a free suspension replacement - but it could have costed one's life

3) Rear brakes - extremely dumb to operate, I have never come across such brakes in my whole life!, one has to literally stand on the brake to stop the byk, even at 60kms/hr u will not be able to achieve a smooth braking!

I was frusturated and contacted Bajaj directly thru mail, they arranged for a senior mechanic to inspect the vehicle he gave me the reason -> the brake lever is very small that the footrest of the brake lever is very close to the fulcrum of the lever, so more foce has to be applied which is not practical with the sporty foot peg allignment ->I only got the reason but zero solution.

All Bajaj insisted was to used both the brakes always no matter whatever the speed mite be, which surely didnt help much. problem -> poor brake lever design and bajaj stretched the wheel base of the awesome 150 cc to obtain 200cc and 220 cc without taking care of safety precautions. result -> met with the dumb accident, even though I was in a comfortable position of stopping the byk, the brakes didnt respond.

Guys I had been a freak with the byk during my college days, riding yezdi ( still I have ) and cbz, came across quite a lot of hair raising risky situation but never made an accident as I always have a complete control of what Im riding and the byks were really good in terms of safety and handling.

But I met with an accident after I became a more responsible rider without taking any risks -> guys planning to buy 200cc give it a second thinking, test the brakes of a 200cc that has run more than 1500 kms -> if u r comfortable go for it but I wont suggest one!

220 cc -> no idea -> but brakes are comparatively good ( had a test ride) reliability - ?!

Write a Review on Bajaj Pulsar 200