Road Grip:

salem India
King of discover series
Jan 11, 2016 10:52 AM 16452 Views

Road Grip:

Brought a Discover 150 S(Blue colour) a year back, before this I had a Honda CB shine for almost 4 year, but trully said that Discover 150 S has impress me a lot compare to my earlier bike, nice look and well comfort while riding, I dont mind whether discover 150 S has a electronic techno meter or not as I m not a big fan of Techno meter, Apart from my conclusion is Bajaj disvover has made bike for daily commuter who wants a heathy average and good look.

specifications:

it is a four stroke natural air cooled engine bike which gives 144.8cc displacement. it produces 14.5 ps power and 12.75 N-m torque which makes it go fast. it has 2 spark plugs for better fuel efficiency a 6 speed transmission system. but sometimes gear box is a problem. its become shard and difficult to change gear.

front disk break gives it an attractive look one is looking for. overall graphics and design of the bike is amazing the color combinations are also good. rear break is drum break which is ok ok with respect to power.

fuel tank capacity is 10 liters with reserve of 1.9 liters. it is easy to handle but quiet heavy bike

height of the bike is good and the seat is large enough for 3 persons to sit. it has a powerfull engine.

company says it gives a max of 72 km/pl mileage but it is not! it reaches max to 60 km/pl which is fine for a 150cc bike.

tubeless tires(both front and rear) makes it more durable which is suitable for long rides even on not so good Indian roads.

power start makes it easy to start with a long durable battery. it has a nice looking head and tail light

I wish bajaj could provide digital speedometer with the bike.it has a trip meter also with odometer

bike seat is long but it could be made more comfortable for riding.

I usually go on long rides of about 100 km a ways on my discover 150s and it always a fun with a well performing bike which gives you good speed looks and mileage. my highest riding speed on this bike is of 110 km/hr which is satisfactory for me.

it is a durable bike and I am happy being owner of this bike since more then a year. I traveled more than 10000 km in this 1 year on my bike and its performance is really good but I faced a gear box problem one. it stuck on the 2nd gear and I cannot change the gear properly but it is fine after the service.

it is a good bike in 65000-75000 range and one must go for it for a good riding experience. u can race on it and its also a family 2 wheeler

the chain set sometimes makes a sound but the reason is not clear for the sound. it has a strong frame and a well designed body one is looking for in a bike. I found all I want in this bike. even my friends n gf like my bike.

it has a nitrox rear shock absorber which I wasnt expecting. it good having it in a bike for better shock absorbing while riding. it also has a engine oil inspection window which shows the position of engine oil left. its silver color side covers just adds to the beauty of the bike.

it has a all up gear system which makes it easy to change the gear while riding.

the bike gives best performance at driving speed of 40 to 50 km/hr which is good.

Bajaj Discover 150S