Road Grip:

Rs. 93,466 (Ex-Showroom)

Bajaj

Shimla India
Bajaj Avenger 220 one year ownership review.
Mar 15, 2019 03:22 PM 10063 Views
(Updated Mar 16, 2019 11:55 AM)

Road Grip:

I own bajaj avenger 220(20, 000 kms plus) from more than a year now and I will let you know its pros and cons.

Please rate my review if you find it helpful.

We'll begin with the CONS.

CONS:

1) As it is a street category bike but comfort is always a priority. The rider seat is very comfortable but the pillion seat is not so. It is quite narrow and pillion feel exhausted on one to two-hour ride.

2) Its rear indicators are not that tough and could fall off if you place luggage over it and even if you are off roading for a long distance. I replaced mine too a couple of times.

3) The gears jam slightly, not a major problem though, but sometimes . Chain needs to get oiled after every 500 kms .

4) The company fitted MRF zapper tyres are not very good for offroading . I am from Himachal and we have lot of offroads here.

5) Meter do not show RPM. One have to set a standard RPM by sound refrence only.

CONS:

1) Very comfortable rider seat, one can do many kilometers without stopping or hault,

2) Engine is 220cc and genrates a good torque.

3) One can bend it on curves comfortably . Here longer length of bike is not an issue.

4) Braking is good, as this version lack abs so it need a controlled braking with shifting gears.

5) Average is 35 to 40 kmpl.

6) Top speed could to 130 to 135 kmph.

Overall it is a nice motercycle and I am satisfied after byuing it . Atleast more powerfull from its new rival suzuki inruder 150. I can reccomend this motercycle to new byers . It is launched with single channel ABS now.

Bajaj Avenger Street 220