Leg Room:

Bmw 5 is not a satisfactory car
Sep 20, 2017 04:39 PM 3002 Views

Leg Room:

Dealer Satisfaction:

Dear All Prospective BMW Buyers, This is with regards to the extremely unprofessional attitude as shown by BMW India. Based on this, I have consulted my legal department and as advised by them, we are going ahead and taking the following actions: 1. Invite a Press Conference soon with the Press and Television Media Journalists to expose all the documentatary evidence that we have in writing from your Dealers - Especially from Bird which shows how unethical is the way of luring a customer in this highly competitive Indian Auto Market. 2. Write about my experience to various auto related magazines in India and Germany and also create a blog on the internet to make all prospective car buyers aware about my experience with BMW. 3. Approach the Consumer Redressal Forum and demand compensation of the bad experience and waste of time that has been done over this issue. I will keep you posted on the actions as soon as these are implemented.

However, one incident has shaken this comfort level dramatically. We were coming back from Noida after attending a wedding. Around 11:30 pm, we noticed a slight wobble. None of the indicators came up. I got down and saw that the rear right tyre was half full and a bit warm. So, we drove down slowly to the nearest Petrol station(4-5 kms away), but by that time, the tyre had burst, stranding my family along with our wedding stuff. The Run flat indicator was still not on!

After 3 hours! of contacting BMW assit, the truck came in and took the car to the work station. Long story short, I would like people to really consider this Weakness of BMW before buying. BMW has told me that Nails or screws induced punctures will strand you like this. Also, the assistance service is not their's, so no SLA there.

I didn't realize the importance of Spare wheel till it happened to me. We could have been stranded on the way to Chandigarh on the Highway and would probably had to wait for 6-7 hours to be rescued. I would gladly exchange my 530d with an Audi A6 after this.

BMW 5 Series 2017 520d Sport Line