Asus

Mumbai India
Asus Rog Phone 2
Oct 03, 2019 10:00 AM 780 Views (via Android App)

If you are hardcore gamer, then Rog phone 2 might be you dream gaming.

If you are someone like me, who like to play at high fps and highest possible setting then this is the phone that can handle it with its insanely powerful overclocked sanpdragon 855+ chipset and that fricking 6000 mAh battery you are good to go.

I bought base model of this phone from Flipkart for 30k in exchange for my old Samsung Galaxy s7, which is the great price for this kind of spec.

It 's been 4 to 5 days I am using this phone and if feel this phone very solid apart from being it's gamery artistic and that shiny ROG logo on back make this phone only for gamers it not meant person who just sit in office and do normal things although it can handle it so fluidly.

Let's talk about the features in detail

Screen:

ROG phone 2 has one of the best screen in the market as it Amoled with refresh rate of 120hz with 240 hz of touch sension and it is HDR10 capable. Although though it's not high resolution screen like one that have on Samsung Galaxy S9 which is my primary device, but I will ready to forget that thing for that high refresh rate which really feel buttery smooth to use. And it has FHD+ resolution( 1080x2340) which is good. And has massive 6.6 inch of screen.

Apart from having 6.6 inch of display and that massive 6000mAh battery phone feels relatively well balanced.

Let's move on to performance.

It has Snapdragon 855+ chipset which is based on 7 nm architecture with power core 2.96GHz 3 core of 2.42GHz and 4 core of 1.78GHz as efficiency core and has adreno 640 gpu which is also overclocked and this is cool by massive cooling chamber. And my device had 8 GB of RAM 128 GB of storage but this is base variant And all this packet give us inseance gaming machine.

UI is also fulid and has dedicated gaming mode but I like to use that stock android kind of look which is also great

Also this device has 3.5 mm headphone jack and 2 usb type c ports

Air trigger which kind of make you good gamer

Stereo speakers front firing and no notch.

Fast battery charging.

Indisplay fingerprint scanner and face unlock.

Now camera,

As it just meant for gaming, it has pretty average cameras as compared to Samsung Galaxy S9 and other top of the I line flagship phone. And still it manges to put 48MP sony sensor with f/1.8 and secondary with 13 MP ultrawide which again missing on S9 and 24MP for front

I don't that much of photos as it is gaming phone I don't expect much but it has good camera but as I am coming from S9 it is downgrade for me.

That's all.