Shoe Weight:

Never ever buy from Reliance
May 06, 2013 12:21 PM 14706 Views

Shoe Weight:

Range:

This is a review on Asics dealers, reliance footprint. I did research on Asics shoe for my feet and found out that my feet comes in the slight underpronation to neutral category. I shortlisted Nimbus, Pulse and Kinsei woman's models and went to the Asics dealers- Reliance Footprint at the Phoenix Market City mall in Kurla. They did not have any of the shoes that I had shortlisted. I clearly told the salesman there, who claimed to be an expert in Asics shoes, that I am a mild underpronator to neutral pronator. But may be he was just focused on meeting his sales target, hence he convinced (rather forced) me into buying Asics Kayano 19 (Women's)on 24th April 2013 for Rs  9, 699/- .

When I came home and tried on the shoes, I felt quite uncomfortable.I went to Asics website and read reviews and found out that the shoe is for over pronators. I felt cheated. I went to the shop to return the shoes. There I met the store in charge, Amar Sharma. He kept me waiting for an hour in their showroom and clearly refused to return our money even though the shoes were unused with all original tags in place. They offered us exchange. But any of the Reliance outlets did not have the shoes that I was looking for. I told them that I cant buy anything other footwear for Rs 10, 000/-.

They just kept passing the ball among themselves and asked us to send an email to Hiren Lakhani. We thought that he must be some senior person who will at least understand the importance of customer satisfaction. But to our disappointment, he too repeated the same thing. Now I am left with only two choices, either use those shoes and hurt my feet or try to sell them online myself.

Any good brand will refund the money under such circumstances but not Reliance. This clearly shows their lack of integrity and concern for customers. I have a sincere appeal to Asics: you put so much time and effort into your research into making good and comfortable shoes for customers, but channel partners like Reliance pursue their selfish policies and bring a bad name to you as well. India is a huge market, and Reliance is doing no good; you should seriously re-think if you want to let them spoil your brand here. Reliance team is gross, selfish and clearly not up to the task.

Given their culture and policies, Reliance should only sell cheap local brands not not get into anything premium where customer service and delight matters.

Asics Shoes