Trust me it works
Aug 21, 2019 02:19 PM 4286 Views (via Mobile)
(Updated Aug 22, 2019 08:50 AM)

Back in 2014 I did my first course. I remember some art of living teachers had come to our university and told us about the course and that it helps to boost up confidence, improve concentration etc. Knowing I lacked confidence and was an average child who could less focus on studies, I decided to do the course. Since the very first day of the course I found a change in me. I felt this was the right place. After doing the sudarshan kriya, which is an effective breathing technique to release stress, I felt more calm, more relaxed and unnecessarily the thoughts those used to bother me were gone forever. I came to a state of awareness. I felt I was there and I exist. The girl who had a stage fear then, can address a crowd today. After doing my first course I planned to do my masters in journalism and I bagged a gold medal with 78% in the university. Earlier, I had just scored 62% in Btech before doing the course. The great shift of marks was because of the regualar practice of sudarshan kriya which kept me relaxed and focused at the same time. I started teaching in an institute as a part time and took up many other tasks as well but never felt I am short of energy. Earlier, I felt tired. I This way I did all other courses, including the dsn programme, yltp, advance and went more deeper into knowledge. I then got a chance to meet guru dev in Panchkula. I remember he looked at me for a while, but it felt a long communication happened me and him. To know go through the picture attached below that dates back to Sept 2014 when I met him for the first time. Then I personally met him in the ashram, which is another home. There I realised he is different, not like other gurus. He is creating teachers not followers. There are too many experiences to share and a lot to tell but for now I would like to share a small story, once a man got lost in a desert. He was very thirsty and looking for water. He knew he wouldnt find water in the desert but didn't give up hope. He kept walking. Finally, he saw a hut. Hopeful that he would get water there, he started walking towards the house. He reached the house and saw a handpump. He quickly worked the handpump but to no vain. He worked harder and harder but no water came out. He prayed to God and suddenly his eyes fell on a corked bottle. He quickly grabbed the bottle and saw a message "use this water to work the handpump. Dont forget to refill." Now , he wondered what if he uses the water to work the handpump, he would end up losing the last water he found and die. But he followed the instructions. He worked the pump with the bottle water. The water came out. He drank water to his heart's content, filled the bottle and corked it up. He then found a map and a pen and wrote on the bottle " trust me it works." This is my story actually.We all have thirst for knowledge and peace. Just as the water worked for the man to run the pump, same has the guruji's courses worked for me.

I would again say "Trust me it works."

ArtOfLiving.org