Art of living not bad but not for everyone!!
Nov 13, 2017 10:25 PM 10057 Views

I had heard a lot of good stuff about art of living from my friends and relatives so I thought of joining their beginners' program that is called Happiness Program. Let me categorize it below:

The Good:

• Program was very smoothly conducted. They started it really well and concluded it beautifully.

• Trainers knew what they were doing

• Trainers and volunteers were very nice, friendly and polite.

• They taught us some basic Yoga, Pranayama, Sudarshan Kriya and Meditation. Some of them were really great for body and mind.

• Breakfast they served was very tasty.

The Bad:

• There were lots of words of wisdom and knowledge sutras which everyone knows and are not practical in real life scenarios.

• They tried to put the happiness doctrine down our throats mentioning that you should forget all your worries and be happy which was like an artificial happiness.

• They asked not to drink tea or eat non-veg during the days the program was underway.

• In the beginning of the program, we had to introduce to each other saying: "I belong to you". I never felt that it served any purpose or it was even required in the first place.

The Ugly:

• There were some activities where they formed groups of four participants each. We had to look into the eyes of the other participant directly. I was like come on.such a waste of time.

• To make the matter worse they asked us to hold the hands of the participant you are directly looking into the eyes of and then to accept him as he was and also to accept him if he were God. That was awkward.

• I had headache after almost every Sudarshan Kriya session. When I asked the trainers about it, they mentioned that cleansing is happening in your body and mind:)

I mentioned what I felt about the program and this is my opinion about it. Other might feel differently about it that's why I mentioned the title as - "Art of living not bad but not for everyone!"

Thanks for reading!