Ease of Use:

Range of Colors:

Drying Capacity:

Sagar India
Color became dull only in an year!
Feb 03, 2018 05:31 PM 7179 Views (via Android App)

Ease of Use:

Range of Colors:

Drying Capacity:

Product - Asian Paints Apex Weather Proof Exterior Emulsion.

Color Code - #7866 hex ( Lemon Yellow Shade)

Period of application - October 2016 ( Diwali '16)

Got our house repainted before diwali 2016 and went to Sahu Hardware, the authorised seller of Asian Paints products. For an extreme long life of the paint and new looks of the house, the dealer suggested to buy Apex Weather proof exterior emulsion which claimed to be the best exterior emulsion in its class. Though it was really very expensive and the cost of a 20 litres pack was 8200/- Rupees ( Base paint + computerised stainer) , we found it a better choice as the dealer told that it would stay new for twice longer than any other exterior emulsion.

The painter gave an estimated requirement of 40 litres of paint and we bought the quantity from Sahu Hardware only.

The paint was spreading easily on the walls and the painter group told that it is a nice paint. It was covering good area in less quantity and as per the instructions mentioned on the pack, we propely applied two coats of paint with a gap of two days between each coat. The work was completed within the estimated qty. and the house was really shining like gem. That time, I was really happy with the paint.

The pack bucket also mentioned that the walls should be washed with water after some intervals which will not let fungus and dust to settle and the paint would remain new for longer. I followed this instruction as well. Now, it has been an year past and what my house looks is like -

A building that is dull and is abandoned for a long time. Lemon yellow, being a bright color looks like a dull one and the walls have lost lustre and shine. My house looks worse than all the other buildings in the colony and it really needs to be colored once again. Too expensive Apex paint has now become a zero value and now we do not have a budget to get our house painted again in just one year because we have already spent a huge sum the last year!

My experience has taught me that dealers try to sell the products which offer them high margins, does not tell the reality of the product to the customer. It is advised to check and compare between different brands and products! THE EXPENSIVE THING IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST!

Hope readers find this review useful!

Apex Weather Proof Exterior Emulsion