Museum Inn Hotel, 1, 4th Floor, Museum Road, Bangalore 560001, KA

+91-80-41113340, +91-9844293655

Frazer Town/Bangalore India
HOW I CATWALKED TO LUNCH AT ANGEETHI
Sep 11, 2006 11:56 PM 5485 Views

I was getting ready for the team lunch scheduled on a Sunday afternoon! Sunday, and I instantly got into my favorite pair of jeans and a bright top, dabbed on some moisturizer, and quickly picked up my sunglasses and hopped into a rickshaw to my destination. We were to meet at Angeethi, the restaurant at Church Street. Little did I know that I was in for a big surprise. The rickshawwalla happily took me for a ride and dropped me right outside Java City. I had to hop into another rickshaw to get to my destination but not before I catwalked in the hot sun to 'Angeethi.'

I was greeted warmly by the doorman to the wonderful restaurant 'Angeethi.' Just after I was ushered in, I saw a huge Ganesh idol at the right-hand corner decorated with flowers and fruits. A lovely aroma filled the corrider. I walked up into the lift which was instantly filled with youngsters. 'Not a bad place' I thought. The liftman deftly ushered me onto the fourth floor of the building called 'Empire Mansions.' What I saw was treat to the eye. The staff were neatly dressed in traditional Indian wear. The place had a 'dhaba' kind of look with old Hindi movie posters hung from thatched roofs. Old lanterns were hung all around for the 'dhaba' effect. A make-believe sand-adorned well was the center of attraction of any passerby. Next to the well, was a charpai with beautiful bright bolsters carelessly thrown about just in case anyone wanted to recline. Fresh potted plants were spotted everywhere. It was amazingly cool despite the heat outside. I think the thatched roof and the plants did the job of a cooler.

Food was served and I was hungry. I dived into the fried fish which was simply delicious. The portions were good enough for 3-4. The food was served in tempting dishes and was simply delicious to say the least. The lassi was thick and fresh. We ordered fish, prawns, mutton chops, lassi, sweetlime soda, rotis, and chicken. The food was yummy, especially seafood. Service was almost instant and we felt that an attendant was just a 'stare' away. While we were eating I watched the chefs knead the dough and make little rotis in one corner of the restaurant. It was a delight to watch them defly knead the dough and roll out little rotis. Very tempting indeed.

We could view the city below from the open-terrace restaurant and watch the busy Church Street down below. A very earthy and homely ambience is what is noticeable at 'Angeethi.' A very humble surrounding, yet very rich in service, flavor, and ambience. A good blend of the city and the village atmosphere. A treat for a lazy Sunday afternoon with your family or friends. I strongly recommend a family outing to this simple yet wonderful restaurant, 'Angeethi.'

Angeethi - Museum Road - Bangalore