Product Quality:

Delivery Timeliness:

App & Websites:

Amazon removes genuine negative reviews
Aug 17, 2019 12:50 AM 1305 Views
(Updated Aug 17, 2019 11:05 PM)

Product Quality:

Delivery Timeliness:

App & Websites:

I am an Amazon member since 2004 and have been using amazon.in since last 4 years or so. Amazon is my first choice whenever I want to buy anything(however small). And I pay bills using amazon.in as well and it never goes wrong. Until a month ago I was very happy with everything that Amazon did. Their services, delivery, products, offers, returns and everything else is top class and I recommend Amazon.in to everyone else. Earlier Flipkart was my first choice but I lost a bit of trust in Flipkart when I found out that they sometimes knowingly ship returned/damaged items and also don't allow people to post genuine reviews and Flipkart reviews are a joke anyway. Flipkart's packaging is not as good as Amazon's but Flipkart is again improving day by day and I have again started buying from them. Delivery speed of Flipkart is faster than Amazon's. Amazon never delivered a product in my city in 12 hours but Flipkart did. Amazon delivery always takes two days or more but Flipkart sometimes delivers within a day.

As I was buying lots of things from Amazon, so around a year ago, I started reviewing products on Amazon whenever I got a chance and have written close to 60 reviews and my reviewer ranking is around top 200 currently.

Since last one month, I have been really frustrated with Amazon community which has removed 2 of my negative reviews after more than one month of posting. I have been trying on chat, calling and emailing them for last 1 month to find out why my reviews have been removed and I get replies which don't make any sense at all. They reply without even applying their mind and every reply is just copy of others.

Firstly, my review of Biotique Bio Apricot refreshing body wash, 190 ml was removed. It had somehow reached top 5 out of around 900+ reviews when it was removed and as it might be their top-selling body wash so my review was not good for the seller/manufacturer.

When I kept contacting amazon, again and again, I was given the same silly reply multiple times that the seller I bought from is no longer on platform or has changed their product offerings, so we removed your review. Are they joking? What kind of logic/reply is that? I reviewed a product and not a seller and the seller from which I purchased the product is still there even today(largest Amazon.in seller I think and the one I trust the most, and that seller is not going anywhere) and the product is still being sold by multiple other sellers(21) as well, including the one I bought this body wash from. And other people are still reviewing the product and I see only positive reviews being posted(Negative are removed I guess).

Now, even if I post a single line review for that product, saying I did not like it because of its smell, it gets posted but gets removed next day or whenever someone finds about it, as I only give 1 or 2-star rating because I did not like the product. As I write detailed review mentioning what kind of good or bad experience I had with the product, my review is removed because it may affect product's sale. And this is how they are maintaining close to 4.4 ratings for that product with 1103 reviews now. Disappointed and frustrated I lost hope and let it go after wasting so much time.

You can read other details in my Biotique Bio Apricot body wash product review which I finally posted here.

And just 10-15 days ago when I was checking my reviews again, I found out that my other negative review of Set Wet X Charcoal body wash, 180 ml has been removed as well, around one and a half month after posting.

For that reason, I contacted Amazon.in multiple times and every time I got the same reply that your account details match some other reviewer's account details who have reviewed the same product and that is why your review has been removed. Can anyone seriously believe that reasoning? First of all, I only have a single Amazon account and using that I reviewed the product on Amazon.in. I don't think it is true that my details matched any other reviewer and even if I assume that someone did, in fact use my details and reviewed the product what is my fault in that? I buy 100s of items from Amazon.in so they should know that my details are correct. And secondly, they are no longer accepting any reviews for that particular product by anyone. There are in total 40 reviews for that product at the moment and the last review was posted on 3rd of August, 2019. It is around that time my review was removed. That shows that there is something going on with Amazon reviews.

In my long negative review of Set Wet X Charcoal body wash I had written that the product was not that good and was overpriced and charcoal thing was just a marketing gimmick. I also mentioned that its fragrance was average and it had just 1 year of shelf life which was the shortest I had ever seen and out of that 6 months had already passed. I also listed my top 5 body washes which were cheaper and better in my view. I came up with the top 5 list after buying close to 40-50 body washes from Amazon.in.

This all means that some people in amazon.in gets influenced by big companies and remove negative reviews because it might impact sale of their products.

I wanted to reach senior level and found one amazon.com email after trying a lot. But again I got the same nonsense copy-paste reply by Amazon.in community member to which it was forwarded.

I am fed up now and won't bother again.

Another thing is whenever Amazon sells some good consumable product at a huge discount and does not mention the best before date I always get a year and half old product. So when best before date is not mentioned, it is usually a hint that they are clearing the old stock.

I do like Amazon.in and will keep using it but I won't trust their reviews anymore.

Amazon.in