Video Quality:

Tthe best 29"
Dec 17, 2006 08:53 PM 8245 Views

Video Quality:

Sound Effect:

I recently bought an akai 29 " tv from radio shakck situated on brigade road, bangalore.Initially we went to Girias(brigade road) to just have a look at the different models of 29 inches offered by different companies with no intentions of actuaaly buying whatsoever.We saw a samsung .It had features like DNiE etc.The picture quality was pretty good but it had only 300 watts event though it was priced at Rs.16500.There was an other model in samsung with woofers and 1200 watts of sound output but it was priced very high at Rs.22500.Saw LG and Onida too, but they had the same 300 watts of sound like samsung and they were priced more or lessthe same.Their picture quality sucked big time too.And there was a Sony.It is a good brand I agree but why such a high price .Last but not the least there was a hyundai too.ha!Ha!ha!ha! should it be considered a tv.These were the only brands they had. GIRIAS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As these were the only brands offered I had decided to settle for a samsung and buy it hjte next day.Walking down the lane to return home I came across this small shop with a big AKAI banner.Isaw that there were a lot of offers.I decided to check them and went inside the shop.And this akai was sitting proudly .The dealer told me about the features and boy I was surprised. the Tv came with 800 watts of sound even for the base model against samsung's 300 watts.The tv looked Beutiful.However not being vey sure of the Quality of akai I wanted to compare it side by side with a samsung to which the dealer promptly agreed.There was a marginal 5% difference between a samsung and the akai but it wasn't very much noticeable.The sound quality was exceptional in the akai.Even at a vollume as low as 10 the sound was audible enough while in the samsung the volume had to increased all the way upto 25 to be audible.Morever the dealer offered Rs.2000 for my old national/panasonic without remote system(Rs 3000 for a tv with remote built in remote)in exchange for the new akai While he offered only rs.750 if I wanted to exchange for a samsung.So considering these aspect I zeroed in on the Akai.The TV finally cost me Rs.12000 after exchange.

2-3 days after I bought the tv I noticed that unwanted colour patches were formed at the corners.I called up akai service station immediately.I registered my complaint and noticed that akai uses videocon's service networks.The service technician arrived the very next morning and promptly attended to my complaint.He did some soldering at the back of the tv and after that not only were the colour patche gone but the picture clarity had improved tremendously and it was better than the samsung.I have been using the tv for about 6 months without any problems and viewing DVD movies on the Tv is a pleasure.This is truly the best 29 inch tv given the price and value for money.

Akai CT-29FF