Plot:

Music:

Cinematography:

All Style, No Substance.
Aug 28, 2011 08:24 PM 3711 Views
(Updated Aug 29, 2011 02:20 AM)

Plot:

Performance:

Music:

Cinematography:

You will ask me if it is fair to write a bad review and steal audience away from a multi-crore budget film. Sure, directors and actors have worked their guts off to put together a complete entertainment for an exclusively eager audience. The promotional videos were so exotic, that girls from all around the country have literally stood in ticket booking lines with their boyfriends trying very hard to scoot away.

So what makes a moderate film? A bad star cast, or an absolute zero storyline? Actually, it’s very hard to say. But I can be certain of what makes a good film – a very dumb and inspired target audience drooling over actor’s clothing and body. They all say that the world will end in 2012, but Bollywood and its very expensive stunts to look awesome will never die.

When my female friend expressed her wish to watch Aisha, I let out a deep sigh of relief. She was normal and for all I knew, the director has done a great job in sneaking into youth’s hidden passage to glorify inner beauty. Based on a popular novel by Jane Austin, Aisha comes out as a high-class guide to lifestyle perfection. Being a self-proclaimed romantic comedy, the film miserably fails to draw any emotion out of the audience. It remains superficial in terms of continuity and screenplay which, unfortunately, are counted as the basics of filmmaking.

Who is it to blame? Director, Rajashree Ojha has made this film keeping in mind an overwhelmed audience, hungry for some Gossip Girl and Sex and the City actions in India. As much as I’d like to boast about the failure of the film, I appreciate how it tries to set a trend in our developing country which would otherwise only concentrate on rants by Anna Hazare.

With mind-bogging music and costumes, the film captures the youth’s attention for almost a week, after which, our grandmothers express the wish to buy a DVD and secretly watch the plush lifestyle on their TV sets. The only ‘promising’ performance delivered in the film was by the charming Amrita Puri. I would not hesitate to call her a rising star after seeing how good she did on getting paid to deliver her worse. However poor the acting was, Aisha has definitely not failed in making Delhi look scrumptious and tempting, which may or may not be a very good thing.

So all you Abhay Deol lovers can go watch this failed romantic comedy rather than ogling at his posters on your bedroom walls. However, make sure to ignore every expression on Sonam Kapoor’s face as it will definitely put you off and make you regret spending your hard-earned money. If you have a rich father, and no conscience whatsoever, the film is an absolute must watch.

Now I am going to try very hard to mean when I say that the film was a good effort in setting a trend from the west. A little change is always better than monotonous drama. Yes?

Aisha