Network:

Charges and Billing:

My case is no different, I was also cheated
Jul 14, 2008 04:59 PM 2527 Views

Network:

Charges and Billing:

I wanted to convert my pre-paid connection to post-paid. I submitted all the required documents. However, I did not opt for conversion since Airtel did not guarantee that my pre-paid balance would be transferred to post-paid account.

In the meanwhile, my documents were used to book 2 connections. They were used for about 3-4 months. I never received bills for these. One fine day, a collection agent showed up at my place demanding money. The third party agent who had taken my documents suggested me to ignore the collection agent (I did not know of this tactic earlier). Knowing the reputation of collection agents, it is hardly possible to ignore them.

The collection agent kept quiet for about a month and surfaced again. This time I appraised my company, because the third party agent wanders around my company and sometimes used to sit inside as well. Airtel started responding. And you guessed it right, all they say is a shameless sorry. I was promised all kinds of things. After a few days, another collection agent called up and demanded money.

Even Airtel was not aware that my documents had been misued for a second connection. This puts a serious question mark on the systems. I asked a few questions that any aggreived customers would ask. Yes, you guessed it right again, no answers. My identification documents were returned, but not the photograph, to be used for a later fraud!

The concerned person washed his hands off. I contacted the nodal officer. I have a feeling that there is no such thing as nodal officer in Airtel, all that you get from the e-mail ID is automated response. They don't even assign complaint number, so much seriousness for solving customer (victim) problems.

Airtel Mobile Operator