Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

Manchester United Kingdom
Lost our bags and very poor service
Dec 31, 2009 04:01 AM 11410 Views

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

We flew from Manchester to Bordeaux via Paris CDG on 26th December. On arrival at Manchester Airport we checked in through the automated check-in terminals but then we had to queue for 1hour 30 mins just to drop off our luggage at the self drop off desk. Half way through our wait, We were told by a member of staff that we could use the luggage drop off desk for internet check-in, so we left the queue to do so...

Then later we had our doubts we weren't queueing in the right place and we checked again with the same Air France member of staff who then confirmed that we were in the wrong queue - despite telling us that we could use that lane moments earlier! So we had to rejoin the original queue. At the baggage dropoff there were only 2 members of desk staff for 100s of passengers.

We arrived in Bordeaux at 11.40am on 26th Dec to find that one suitcase was still in Paris and the the other was lost . We were told that once the lost case had been located it would be delivered to our destination address along with the delayed case. Later that day (26th) we awaited a phone call to update us... And waited...and waited. NOTHING

Today is the 27th and we had to phone them this morning to find out why we had still not received the delayed bag and to see if they had located the lost one. The woman said that there was good news ! and promptly told my wife that one bag was delayed but found and the other was still lost??? "I know that this is the situation already" said my wife. "Oh ?" said the Air France woman.

"Will the located bag be delivered today ?" "No, Tomorrow" was the reply...The delayed suitcase is set to be delivered on the 28th Dec in the morning (some 48hrs late). We have had to buy underwear, a replacement shaver, and personal hygene products and are still wearing the same clothes as we flew in ! Air France have said that we are entitled to €100 per person for necessary items which we thought was generous initially, but we soon found out that we quickly reached that amount by only buying essential items to make it to the next day (contact lense solution is €13). Also we have spent our own money so far and have yet to have the claim approved/ verified, so it could be a long wait.

The other case is still lost and it contains(ed) Christmas Presents for our friends and family in France who we only see twice a year. The lost case also contained my wifes brand new trainers bought for her as a Christmas present from me All my Wifes makeup and clothes, most of the clothes were new and received as presents for Christmas!

For a flight costing £278 per person, this is not the level of service expected.

Overall, I would never ever fly with Air France if given the choice, but unfortunately, they are the only option to visit our family in Bordeaux at Christmas time, as the other BETTER airlines do not fly at this time of year.

AIR FRANCE ARE POORLY ORGANISED, INEFFICIENT, RUDE and DONT CO-OPERATE PROPERLY WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE.

UPDATE 1

Received our delayed bag on 28th at 11.30am (48 hours after our arrival in France). We checked the AF site online today (30th) and found that our lost bag had been found but we never got a call to tell us ? We called Air France and they said that Air France apparently phoned us this morning ????? at 8.50 am ??? We got no missed calls on either of our mobiles and the house phone DID NOT ring. This morning as there were 3 of us in the house. They were clearly lying. We fly home to the UK tomorrow 31st Dec (with Air France) and they told us they would deliver the luggage that day... But we fly home at 4 pm we said, so we risk to have our luggage delivered once we ave reached the airport. The man on the phone was extremely arrogant (no surprise there, being French and working for AF !) and said that it was our fault for not answering "the call" this morning ! - repeatedly calling my Wife (who is frenchand not arrogant) Madam but in a "I am in control of the situation and you are nothing" kinda way.

After much gabbling, they informed us that the driver was going to ring us before 10pm to let us know whether the bag would be delivered tonight before 10pm or whether they would keep the luggage at the airport tomorrow for us to collect. Guess what, we didn't get a call from the driver yet so we are none the wiser. I don't dare ring the bagage services again as they told me, when I last ring to ask why I had received no call ye, that it was now nothing to do with them anymore. They had passed the info to the driver and that was their job. They was nothing more they could do. But as a client, I consider the luggage service and the drivers are all working for Air France and that they shoulld work together better.

UPDATE 2

Well Surprise Surprise.... Its Almost 10 pm 30th Dec and No luggage has arrived. No Phone call from anyone at Air France.

No Contact whatsoever. I emailed the customer service department 3 days ago and they have not replied to me either.

AIR FRANCE ARE TOTALLY INCOMPETENT WITH NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WHATSOEVER.

We Fly home tomorrow with one case and then need to fly out to Italy 2 days later... When are we going to see our missing suitcase again ?

AIR FRANCE ARE USELESS BEYOND COMPREHENSION