Check-in Counter:

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

I traveled earlier this month to Caracas via Paris from Bangalore in Economy class.I must confess that AF is no match to Asian carriers like Emirates, Etihad and Singapore Airlines both in terms of comfort and service.

At the check in counter, they have a very stiff baggage policy. Even if the baggage exceeds a kilogram of the allowed weight, they ask you to pay and do not listen to the passenger, particularly if you are from South Asia. They weigh your hand baggage twice- once at the check in counter and again at the security gate as if one is going to load an elephant on to the aircraft.

The food offered on board is very bad and inadequate, especially the AV meal. The AV meal on Caracas- Paris sector was not edible(Asian carriers do not operate on this sector). Its better if they keep the passenger hungry rather than providing such food which is unfit for consumption.

I found the crew a bit arrogant and not happy to serve, which is a big disappointment particularly during long haul flights. The leg space is terrible and after a few hours, the knees begin to ache.

Also, the aircraft used in these sectors- the A330/340 series is very noisy, unlike the Boeing 777 ER/ LR range, which I feel is silent compared to these planes. Perhaps, AF deploys old planes on these routes, particularly into India as our Government does not care one inch for the Indian traveler. The one used between Paris- Caracas was no better.

If I had options, I would definitely opt for other airlines. We always crib about Air India- but let me tell you that Air India service is much better than these European carriers.

Overall, my experience has been one of mixed- given a choice, on any day I will prefer Asian carriers.

Air France