Check-in Counter:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

In Affaires
Mar 13, 2010 05:13 PM 15658 Views
(Updated Mar 13, 2010 05:46 PM)

Check-in Counter:

Staff:

Seating Space:

Punctuality:

Earlier this month I flew AirFrance from BOM to CDG. I arrived at midnight for a 0240 flight. The Affaires line at checkin was nearly empty - One passenger at the counter. The check-in was simple and quick, as I had selected my seat in advance, and had no baggage to check. It took about another 30 minutes for immigration and security check. I seated myself at the Clipper Lounge, poured myself a large drink, and sampled the last of my Indian snacks a.k.a samosas, alu tikkis, and pudina+butter sandwiches.

At 2 AM, AF ground crew came to the lounge and announced the boarding for AF217. It was an Airbus today; I settled in my window seat, the flight attendant came and took my coat. Next came Fuchon cheese cracker and choice of Champagne, mimosa or juice. The Affair-es class was sparse, which is not too surprising given the global economy is still bad.

I got my hot towelette, and a refill of my drink. The flight took off 4 minutes before schedule as all passengers were on board. By the time it was at the cruising altitude of 10, 000 ft it was nearly 3 AM. Not in a mood for any thing heavy for meal, I ordered fruit and cheese plate, and a glass of port. After I finished the port, I hit the sleep button, stretch my seat to 165 angle and off to sleep.

I got about 5-5-1/2 hours of snooze, woke up, and was served hot towelette. Brushed my teeth, shaved  and freshened up. Breakfast was croissant, fruits, I opted for cereals instead of eggs. Juice and coffee.

The flight landed 10 minutes early and was at the gate by 745AM. CDG is a garangutan airport. Since I had no checked baggage, made my way to the immigrations, the lady behind the glass was half-awake, took one look at the passport and returned it back.

With 4 minutes to spare, I ran to take the AF bus to Arch de Triomphe. Bad traffic snared us outside Périphérique on A1.

Stepped out on a cold morning with sub-freezing temperatures and rushed  down to the metro.

Air France